Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Associate
OP
My opinion less than a day in:

Phone (Pixel 7 Pro): It's alright. An improvement over my old phone for sure (Mate 20 Pro) but not enough to make me excited. The faff I'm having logging into apps and setting them up again isn't helping, although the phone can't be blamed for that. I didn't think I'd say this but it's probably too big. I often find I'm using my phone one-handed and this handset is at high risk of being dropped in that case.
It's going to take some getting used to. I'm glad to be away from Huawei but I expected more of an intuitive experience with a Pixel phone. Maybe the features are there and I just need to learn them and get used to them.

Pixel Watch: The battery life is too much of a drawback to make the extra features worth it. I have it on now, it feels fine and looks fine. It isn't as reactive to showing the time with a wrist-flick than the Huawei GT2. I might try and send it back for exchange with Pixel Buds. Either that or it'll be going cheap on MM/eBay or whatever. I just can't face charging the watch every day when my old watch lasts weeks and does everything the same except contactless payments.
I think if you're used to the nightly charge routine then it's not that much of a big deal. But as you say, if you don't have to charge it for weeks at a time (sounds crazy) then I can see why it would be a disappointment.

Associate
OP
It's not crazy at all. I use a TicWatch 3 Pro GPS and get about 2 weeks battery.
It also uses WearOS and has contactless pay support so there's no way I'd ever consider a watch that doesnt even last a day
I meant crazy in a good sense as I've used Apple Watches from the get go and always charged overnight. Would be great not to have to do it every day.

Associate
OP
Is the magnetic charging cable a fast charging one like what the AW Series 7 (and forward) now ship with?

I think the premise is that if you're using it for sleep tracking, then you'd charge it for a bit while you do your morning stuff, put it on, then go about your day, get home, put it on the charger when you get home for a bit, then put it back on before you go to sleep.

Sounds crazy writing it out and again, to those of you used to weeks before charging your watch again this watch is DOA for you, but that's what I envision Google (and Apple for that matter) want you to use the watches if sleep tracking.

Associate
OP
Having Google assistant on the wrist is pretty amazing. Voice detection is impeccable and commands actioned fast and looks great on the watch screen.

GPay on the wrist is super convenient. Though must remember not to get too close and scratch the thing.

I agree with MKB that the recents button isn't super easy to get to but it's easy enough. Plus the dome design more than makes up for it.
The watch really is the key to getting (and keeping) people in the ecosystem. Glad you’re enjoying it mate.

Associate
OP
New to this os.

On home screen 8bwant to get rid of that tiny clock and weather.. and that stupid search bar.

Please help I've been at this and googling for 30 mins, driving me nuts they aren't widgets?
You’ll have to install a new launcher as it’s baked into stock Android.

Back
Top Bottom