Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Associate
I dunno, this dude used his all day walking around London and still. Loads of juice left.

It it didn't last a normal day than Google wouldn't have released it, just bad press.

I would like to think the same thing. I'm coming from a Pixel 3XL to 7 Pro and the watch (LTE if that makes a difference). I am only speaking as I find after charging it to 100% overnight. Put it on my wrist this morning, went for a 1 hour run (fitbit was running at this point) then I took the dog for a walk.

Just my experience after less than 24 hours ownership. I have no interest in trying to spread "bad press" if that was what you were implying.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would like to think the same thing. I'm coming from a Pixel 3XL to 7 Pro and the watch (LTE if that makes a difference). I am only speaking as I find after charging it to 100% overnight. Put it on my wrist this morning, went for a 1 hour run (fitbit was running at this point) then I took the dog for a walk.

Just my experience after less than 24 hours ownership. I have no interest in trying to spread "bad press" if that was what you were implying.
Do you have AoD turned on?

Associate
OP
It's not crazy at all. I use a TicWatch 3 Pro GPS and get about 2 weeks battery.
It also uses WearOS and has contactless pay support so there's no way I'd ever consider a watch that doesnt even last a day
I meant crazy in a good sense as I've used Apple Watches from the get go and always charged overnight. Would be great not to have to do it every day.

Soldato

Indeed report your findings.

No not at all. Just saying if Google didn't expect it to last a day at the very least they wouldn't have released it due to bad press.

Man of Honour

GPS on your run? That'll take a good chuck off if so.

Soldato
I felt like any credibility I had earned on this forum would be undermined by these claims I was making :p

I would prefer a case that can cover the front too, but as low profile as possible. The Bellroy is just meh.

As for the Huawei interface - I was surprised too! I'll try the Nova launcher and see if we get anywhere there.
Have you considered a Mous case? A bit pricey but I had one on my Pixel 5 and now on an iPhone 13 Pro and really like both of them

Soldato
Have you considered a Mous case? A bit pricey but I had one on my Pixel 5 and now on an iPhone 13 Pro and really like both of them
I'll have a look thanks!

Does anyone know how I go about deleting all my photos? They have somehow come across despite me setting the old phone to not back up to Google...

Soldato
Are you guys seriously only seeing 24 hours battery with the watch? My forerunner 245 goes up to 5 days before I need to charge it just strolling around.
Yes you can almost see it draining.

If it has to be charged nightly then the sleep tracking aspect will be lost. it looks like the battery life will prevent 100% utilisation of watch features unless you schedule your life around charging it.

Caporegime
For me a smartwatch needs to last 24hrs with AOD and go from 0-100% in the time it takes me to have a shower and get dressed. Otherwise its sleep features are automatically useless.

Since watches like the GT2 released years ago with monster battery lives, I just can't see why companies keep releasing watches with pathetic battery life.

Associate
How is its compared the Poco F3?
To be honest, the Poco F3 isn't far behind at all in terms of performance, side by side the Pixel is only a smidge quicker - Blink and you'd miss it. Hardware wise the Poco is punching way above its price point.

Camera is significantly better on the Pixel and it's nice to have IP68 and wireless charging back.

The main reason for me switching was a lack of software support and questionable security on the Poco. I've disabled all the bloat and ads but I don't particularly trust MIUI and the device. May just me being paranoid over Chinese telemetry (I'm certain Google are no better) but hey ho. I'm not into faffing with custom ROMs anymore either. I've also had a couple of software bugs for the last 6 months that I'm pretty sure will never be fixed, since Xiaomi/Poco are churning out new devices out every few months.

Soldato
Yes you can almost see it draining.

If it has to be charged nightly then the sleep tracking aspect will be lost. it looks like the battery life will prevent 100% utilisation of watch features unless you schedule your life around charging it.
How long does a full charge take?

It's a tiny 245mAh battery so shouldn't take long in theory.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Is the magnetic charging cable a fast charging one like what the AW Series 7 (and forward) now ship with?

I think the premise is that if you're using it for sleep tracking, then you'd charge it for a bit while you do your morning stuff, put it on, then go about your day, get home, put it on the charger when you get home for a bit, then put it back on before you go to sleep.

Sounds crazy writing it out and again, to those of you used to weeks before charging your watch again this watch is DOA for you, but that's what I envision Google (and Apple for that matter) want you to use the watches if sleep tracking.

Associate
Anyone set their LTE watch up with an esim on EE yet?

Just wondering what the process is and is there an additional cost?

Thx

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm glad the 7 has face unlock even if it doesn't work in dark like the Pixel 4, makes the transition back to fingerprint a bit easier. I find it slightly slower than the original Pixel (only phone I ever had with fingerprint scanner) but combined with face unlock it works fine.

Associate
My phone keeps dropping off the 5ghz wifi every few minutes, then connects again.. anybody else seeing this?

I'm also unable to register my Barclays App on the phone..
Just a follow up to this.. I just had a thought: my old phone had a static IP, I then transferred all apps/settings/etc to the Pixel - this would possibly have giving my Pixel the same IP - causing issues and the occasional dropouts due to both having the same IP..

Thats what I am hoping anyway, as it has not happened since I did a few things to try to resolve the issue (join beta program for Carrier Services, reset network settings, etc) last night, as I really love the phone .. (Barclays app installed fine in the end aswell).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom