Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Associate
Unless you're trying up use a Huawei (I think) cable, I'm sure people have had issues with them as they're not standards compliment
Looks to be the case I think, I've found another old cable and can now charge it, it's not allowing fast charge though with the Hauewei plug. Probably best me just investing in a fresh new one to be safe.

I had the Mate 40 Pro as it was super cheap on the last retention deal, presumably because of the lack of official google support. It's been fine with a lot of the work arounds, some annoying issues that I've grown tired of have prompted me to switch though, little things like banking apps not working or having to update daily apps like Whatsapp manually.

Looks like it's going to take a bit of tinkering to get everything transferred over.

Permabanned
Got a Pixel 7 pro as part of my EE retention deal, it arrived today but I'm frustrated already setting it up.

I expected it to arrive with no plug, but it doesn't seem to like any of the ones I already have so I can't even charge the thing. The type c to type c cable and adapter do nothing for me either, do I need an official plug/cable or something?
got 2 off amazon £20 each 30w .. 1 for me one for her every usb c we had i tried .. googled it .. there not set up like normal ?? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09VKMFJDV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Associate
Looking for wee bit of help. I have ordered a Galaxy watch 5 Pro via this deal, https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sa...at-samsung-epp-student-store-4046578#comments
Gone for the Bluetooth version so should get it ultimately for £164 rather than £429, so too good a deal to miss, or is it.
I know that the ECG and Blood pressure apps don't work properly on non Samsung phones, there are posts showing work arounds for this.
Have to be honest and say that i so wanted the pixel watch to be what i wanted but, it just doesn't do it for me. I like bigger chunkier watches and it just looks to small for me and the domed effect screen just looks too fragile to me.
Anyone with a Pixel 6 or Pixel 7 got a galaxy watch 5, what's your thoughts on how it works with your phone.
Thank you.

Man of Honour
Looking for wee bit of help. I have ordered a Galaxy watch 5 Pro via this deal, https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sa...at-samsung-epp-student-store-4046578#comments
Gone for the Bluetooth version so should get it ultimately for £164 rather than £429, so too good a deal to miss, or is it.
I know that the ECG and Blood pressure apps don't work properly on non Samsung phones, there are posts showing work arounds for this.
Have to be honest and say that i so wanted the pixel watch to be what i wanted but, it just doesn't do it for me. I like bigger chunkier watches and it just looks to small for me and the domed effect screen just looks too fragile to me.
Anyone with a Pixel 6 or Pixel 7 got a galaxy watch 5, what's your thoughts on how it works with your phone.
Thank you.
I've got the 7 pro and the 5 pro works fine other than the bits you've mentioned that are Samsung specific.

Man of Honour
Have read loads of posts advising how to enable the ECG and BP, seems really straightforward. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z3ZWwpxDj0
Seems to be you are just loading an app onto the watch rather than messing with the original OS so should not impact on warranty. Will try it when my watch arrives. Thank you.
I hadn't really looked into it but might give it a shot later on if that's all it is.

Associate
I hadn't really looked into it but might give it a shot later on if that's all it is.
Yeah, found this as well that suggests it is really easy and that it works.

Had thought about cancelling my order as it was the ecg that sort of pushed me towards the galaxy watch 5, this has convinced me to give it a shot. Also seen some cracking looking black metal band straps really reasonable price on Amazon so looking forward now to getting it delivered.
Cheers.

Soldato
Pixel watches have handled swim mode in the sea and the villa pool. Left mine on swim mode for the hot tub too - that should boost my Fitbit scoring system!

The watches are still playing up a little - I had some screen brightness inconsistencies today and the forced reset on both of our devices was needed. Hopefully a software update is inbound.

Associate
I absolutely love my Pixel 7 Pro, but over the last week or more i've been having real trouble with the fingerprint sensor. A few times now I have deleted the ones that are stored and not seeming to work, re-programmed and it's ok for a day or so before it stops working again and not recognising my print. To begin with I thought it might be because of my screen protector, but having removed it and them reprogrammed it hasnt made any difference.

I have heard lots of positive comments on the 7's sensor (as opposed to the 6 that was problematic).

Am I the only one having trouble using a fingerprint to unlock the phone?

Thanks

Caporegime
I absolutely love my Pixel 7 Pro, but over the last week or more i've been having real trouble with the fingerprint sensor. A few times now I have deleted the ones that are stored and not seeming to work, re-programmed and it's ok for a day or so before it stops working again and not recognising my print. To begin with I thought it might be because of my screen protector, but having removed it and them reprogrammed it hasnt made any difference.

I have heard lots of positive comments on the 7's sensor (as opposed to the 6 that was problematic).

Thanks
No it's crap.
It's 50/50 if it works for me.
I ripped off the screen protector in anger i wasted a fortune on.
I don't care what anyone says my experience is what it is.

Also I'm getting a "lock up" when it uses face unlock it'll hang sometime s for 1 or 2s on a intermediate black screen.
The circle around the camera is active the whole time suggesting something isn't quite right.
It doesn't happen all the time. I'll pay more attention and try and see if there's a constant.
I have no 3rd party widgets except a calander... Possible?

Associate

Thanks
Coming from a 4, I find the face unlock poor, about 50\50 for it to work, the finger print is about 80%,

Soldato
I find the FPS to very good (if a little slow) but no screen protector on mine so cant really compare. Not exactly surprising a screen protector effects an under screen fingerprint reader though i guess.

Associate
Almost 100% reliable for me (Pixel 7 Pro) unless I've got contamination on my fingers, but that would fail on my Sony as well. No screen protector.

Back
Top Bottom