Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

According to DPD mine will be delivered tomorrow from mobiles.co.uk :

Parcel collected from sender

Your parcel is due for delivery Thursday. Your 1 hour time slot is available as soon as your parcel leaves your local depot, this is usually by 11:00.

Remember, your driver will need your

According to DPD mine will be delivered tomorrow from mobiles.co.uk :

Parcel collected from sender

Your parcel is due for delivery Thursday. Your 1 hour time slot is available as soon as your parcel leaves your local depot, this is usually by 11:00.

Remember, your driver will need your
Nice, my DPD app says they have received my order details but have not yet received my parcel.

Hopefully see this updated tomorrow morning with a delivery slot!

That's me all setup now. Just my Microsoft authenticator app for my work accounts is causing me grief but I'll deal with that tomorrow.
Liking the phone so far anyway!
Is it possible to limit the FPS of the screen? I've noticed out the box it's at 60hz, is it either that or 120hz?

Early impressions of 8 Pro 512GB, few hours fiddling, setting things up, trying the camera etc. I'm coming from a Note 10+ 5G for comparison.

Feels well put together, needs a case as quite slippery, edge of screen also feels a little bit sharp. I dont like the big camera bump on back, quite chunky.

Screen itself is bright, about 15-20% brighter than my Note 10. I'm using at 100% brightness and battery has dropped 50% in 4-5 hours.

Finger print and face unlock work well.

Camera seems impressive, low light stuff especially. Some of the tweaks/edits take quite a few seconds to process/complete which is a bit surprising/annoying.

So far I'm fairly impressed but not exactly blown away. I have proper camera equipment (1DX3 & 5D4) and can use Photoshop and obviously image quality and the edits produced dont compare. But it's a phone FFS lol, being able to do some of this tweakery on the fly is handy, dont always want to carry big camera.

Also still need to properly setup the watch and see how that performs. Job for tomorrow.

Sorry one other little annoyance and this might be Android 14 - I dont do gesture so enable the 3 buttons on bottom. The back button is on the left and I'm used tonit being on the right. Can't seem to swap it over lol

Not pixel 8 specific, but this is the most active thread and I'm seeing it again with my new P8.

Why is it that with auto brightness enabled, during the dead of night, in a pitch black room, does the screen not go to the lowest brightness? I have to set it to manual to then get the lowest setting. Doesn't make any sense. Why have a lower setting if auto brightness won't go there.

Not pixel 8 specific, but this is the most active thread and I'm seeing it again with my new P8.

Why is it that with auto brightness enabled, during the dead of night, in a pitch black room, does the screen not go to the lowest brightness? I have to set it to manual to then get the lowest setting. Doesn't make any sense. Why have a lower setting if auto brightness won't go there.
Can you not pull the brightness slider down further while auto is on?
It'll learn how dim you want it to be in total darkness by doing this.
If it's already all the way down then that sucks :mad:

I'm noticing a pink tint to the left half to top of the screen on grey and white background.
This is on low brightness and solid colours.

Not promising.
I've noticed this this morning on the lockscreen, but then it disappears when you go to use the phone itself?

Tried to take a picture as best I could:

IMG-6636.jpg

It seems to be when the lockscreen is in low light/dark conditions that this happens as when it's on the lockscreen with light on it it appears like normal...

Last edited:
Sorry one other little annoyance and this might be Android 14 - I dont do gesture so enable the 3 buttons on bottom. The back button is on the left and I'm used tonit being on the right. Can't seem to swap it over lol
I remember having same issue switching from old Samsung.
Try gestures and you will love them.
To the point when you grab other phone you will be swiping screen automatically;)

Back
Top Bottom