Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Just out of curiosity what do you use your watch for.
I have a Garmin because my main use is exercise and fitness, it enables me to have my phone on silent and the watch does my notifications I can read and delete messages and emails on it. But that's about it regards it's link to my phone. What do the likes of the Pixel watch do extra?

If you are a custom to a half decent Garmin the novelty of a fancy fast display will pass and leave you pining for battery.

I don't like to compare the two, but for me as a keen exercising machine:D I want a watch that I charge every 10 days and can do an hour run on 9% battery knowing thats enough.

Very different watches pros and cons

Last edited:
There's have been occasions in the past where it's best to delete the whole thing and also the cached files, images videos etc. Then install the app from a fresh and restore the backup from the cloud, to put all the files back on the phone.

I might try this again - it's so strange, I know since the day I installed it having done the whole app transfer thing, then restored from backup (37gb!) Then it started crashing whenever I tried to send an attachment or take a photo the app would close, so I cleared cache, accidently clicked 'clear data' and realised it wiped the whole whatsapp back to factory so I'd lost the days conversations that hadn't been backed up - restored it and over the weekend just played up but not as much as yesterday and today, it just literally opens and closes, sometimes it works for a while, other times just crashes, but a guaranteed way to crash it, is add an attachment / send a voice note.

I am just going to do a backup now, then I will delete the app completely and try reinstalling again.

Some fair criticisms there. The Pixel 8 isn't a home run for me but it's the best Android experience currently imo. If I could handle ProMotion without getting motion sickness I'd be on a 15 Pro for sure.

opinions - pixel 8 or s23?
very tempted to upgrade from a s10 lite (which is a massive phone) so looking for something smaller and either the above will fit the bill

opinions - pixel 8 or s23?
very tempted to upgrade from a s10 lite (which is a massive phone) so looking for something smaller and either the above will fit the bill

My issue with the Samsung was the push to use their apps when I'm using Google services already. It's just not as clean. I think if I wasn't bothered and used the Samsung apps then I would have found it better. I don't like Bixby, I love having "hey Google" on my phone. Shutter lag is still talked about and the Samsung photo colours are too pumped up for my tastes.

It's a nice size phone and you get zoom in the smaller phone unlike the 8. You get a solid Snapdragon chip.

Last edited:
Moving from a mate 20 pro, the Pixel 8 pro is fantastic - the only issue I've found is that the apple music widget is blank, though it works perfectly on the notification screen?

Anyone elses Whatsapp almost unusable on P8Pro ? I am guessing it's an Android 14 issue but it is so frustrating! Just crashes out constantly, tried clearing cache, reinstalling, nothing fixes it.

The only app I've had issue with is the bloody ASDA app, its not compatible with 14 apparently.

0 issues with Whatsapp, on the beta channel.

Last edited:
Quick Q regarding the trade in... Someone wants to buy my phone off me now but I opted for the trade in, can I just not send it or do I need to inform them? I can't find anything on the store to confirm either way.

Had my trade in money returned to my bank account. All pretty painless really. Just think I should have got more for my Pixel 7 Pro. It was in immaculate condition.

Reactions: LiE
It
Yeah just don't send i
Is this on a rowing machine? If so, how good is it monitoring SPM, distance etc?
It's pretty decent at heart rate monitoring etc and more accurate then the Samsung watch 5 pro which used to skip a lot of bpms on the rower. I read that Fitbit put a lot of effort into improving their tracking on indoor rowers and others . It's fairly inline with the polar heart rate monitor I have.

Having checked distance but not sure it will match the rower for accuracy

Google case works....dropped my phone in Pret... Dent in case but better case than phone lol

Blame case for it as well...well sticky and not easy to take out from the pocket haha

Might look in to less sticky one for bike rides as will be a pain to take out from jersey/ bibs pockets...

Back
Top Bottom