Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

opinions - pixel 8 or s23?
very tempted to upgrade from a s10 lite (which is a massive phone) so looking for something smaller and either the above will fit the bill

S23 is

Smaller
Lighter
Proper zoom camera
Snapdragon

But has loads of pre-loaded Samsung software

Managed to half-fix the Whatsapp crashing issue...
Deleted Whatsapp / reinstalled from Play Store.
Restored backup - all works ok...

Until... Go to take a photo / video - click to allow permission "Whilst using the app" - app crashes

It crashes when trying to attach or send anything from the app - makes me wonder if it's a permission issue but I've approved it?!

EDIT - seems this is a fairly popular (ish) issue but the latest update has fixed it so far... Albeit it's from https://www.whatsapp.com/android and then 'package installer' as apparently the Play Store version isn't always updated quickly.

Last edited:
Working fine here on my 8 Pro, in Pixel launcher but not Nova, oddly. Stays blank in Nova but is fine on stock.
I haven't tried Nova, the recently played widget works but the player doesn't. I'll wait like _Jimlad_ suggested - at least it works on the notification screen, that would be more irritating if it didn't!

Google case works....dropped my phone in Pret... Dent in case but better case than phone lol

Blame case for it as well...well sticky and not easy to take out from the pocket haha

Might look in to less sticky one for bike rides as will be a pain to take out from jersey/ bibs pockets...

Highly recommend the bellroy leather. Pricey but feels very grippy and quite premium

Google case works....dropped my phone in Pret... Dent in case but better case than phone lol

Blame case for it as well...well sticky and not easy to take out from the pocket haha

Might look in to less sticky one for bike rides as will be a pain to take out from jersey/ bibs pockets...

I just swapped my Google case to the Mous and it's lovely. Not as protective but less sticky and thinner.

50/50 about returning my 8 pro right now.

Battery life has improved /somewhat/ over the last few days but Spotify still drains it something ridiculous.
Coming home from work with 30% battery or so.

In comparison my old iphone 12 pro max would easily still have 50%+ with the exact same load.

I just swapped my Google case to the Mous and it's lovely. Not as protective but less sticky and thinner.

Oooh are they worth the money? I've been well tempted by one as I hear they're awesome...

EDIT: Oh hang on that one you linked to is half the price than the ones I looked at..

Last edited:
Oooh are they worth the money? I've been well tempted by one as I hear they're awesome...

EDIT: Oh hang on that one you linked to is half the price than the ones I looked at..

The one I linked is the new made in partnership slim case. It's very slim and high quality, not the usual drop out of a helicopter beefy cases Mous do.

Ah fair, any pics? :)

PXL-20231018-202947292.jpg

PXL-20231018-203015421.jpg

PXL-20231018-203124541.jpg

Are different tips available for the Pro Buds. I have the biggest ones that come with them on and it still tells me to fit bigger ones for a better seal.
I wonder if Shure tips will fit I have some of the memory foam type ones.

Back
Top Bottom