Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

I've been using mine now for a few days and it will get you through a day easily.

I do a fair bit of exercise each day (rowing, weights etc) and use the watch to record (around 60-90 mins) , start my day around 5.30-6am , walk the dogs etc and it will get me through to 11pm when I charge .

Battery life has improved after the first one , it's not a patch on my Galaxy watch 5 pro which is a beast for battery and quite exceptional (that will get 2.5 - 3 days). It has almost double the size battery .

I actually prefer the functionality of the Pixel watch and usability but would love a Pro model with bigger battery and screen (fingers crossed for next year as everyone else is doing his now )

I've been using mine now for a few days and it will get you through a day easily.

I do a fair bit of exercise each day (rowing, weights etc) and use the watch to record (around 60-90 mins) , start my day around 5.30-6am , walk the dogs etc and it will get me through to 11pm when I charge .

Battery life has improved after the first one , it's not a patch on my Galaxy watch 5 pro which is a beast for battery and quite exceptional (that will get 2.5 - 3 days). It has almost double the size battery .

I actually prefer the functionality of the Pixel watch and usability but would love a Pro model with bigger battery and screen (fingers crossed for next year as everyone else is doing his now )
Just out of curiosity what do you use your watch for.
I have a Garmin because my main use is exercise and fitness, it enables me to have my phone on silent and the watch does my notifications I can read and delete messages and emails on it. But that's about it regards it's link to my phone. What do the likes of the Pixel watch do extra?

Modem on this is actually pretty good. Getting a solid signal now in places where it was patchy on the 6 Pro. And the phone stays cool unless under prolonged heavy tasks. I'm impressed.

Got 6hrs screen time yesterday with 15% left. That's with screen off Spotify usage too.

Last edited:
Reactions: V_R
Anyone elses Whatsapp almost unusable on P8Pro ? I am guessing it's an Android 14 issue but it is so frustrating! Just crashes out constantly, tried clearing cache, reinstalling, nothing fixes it.

Anyone elses Whatsapp almost unusable on P8Pro ? I am guessing it's an Android 14 issue but it is so frustrating! Just crashes out constantly, tried clearing cache, reinstalling, nothing fixes it.
Works perfect here, transferred over from my old phone quite easily, and restored from Google Drive with no issue.

In fact I've not had a single crash from anything yet. Touch wood :D

There's have been occasions in the past where it's best to delete the whole thing and also the cached files, images videos etc. Then install the app from a fresh and restore the backup from the cloud, to put all the files back on the phone.

Just out of curiosity what do you use your watch for.
I have a Garmin because my main use is exercise and fitness, it enables me to have my phone on silent and the watch does my notifications I can read and delete messages and emails on it. But that's about it regards it's link to my phone. What do the likes of the Pixel watch do extra?
I have mine as a general usage item, mainly exercise to be honest but do check notifications, weather, calender, messages etc but don't respond on the phone as it's too small.

Exercise wise I'm not a runner but typically do (30-45 mins a day on my Concept2 Rower/Ski Erg), 40mins various workouts weights , TRX etc and then two dog walks and general moving around when I'm not in the office. Like to consider myself pretty active

I have mine as a general usage item, mainly exercise to be honest but do check notifications, weather, calender, messages etc but don't respond on the phone as it's too small.

Exercise wise I'm not a runner but typically do (30-45 mins a day on my Concept2 Rower/Ski Erg), 40mins various workouts weights , TRX etc and then two dog walks and general moving around when I'm not in the office. Like to consider myself pretty active
Then why not consider a Garmin watch. That'll do everything you want, and have up to a month of battery.

That's what puts me off getting a smart watch is the bother of constant charging. I've got a Garmin forerunner and had for 5+ years. The battery still lasts easily 2 weeks per charge so would be very reluctant to give that up.

I have to like the look of the smartwatch first and foremost. Hence why I chose a Pixel watch. I love domed glass watches.

I'm really not too fussed about the smart features. And the battery lasts me all day and then some.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom