Google Pixel and Pixel XL

Associate
Battery life on first couple of days with Oreo was horrible, but I'll put that down to "new toy" syndrome and the fact I was constantly playing with the phone... have to say that now I've got it on the Pixel XL and Pixel C, the commonality between the two devices is brilliant.

The phone in day-to-day use just gets out of the way, and the OS feels "complete". So much in the way of smooth running in how it behaves, and I reckon I'd still grab a Pixel if I had to get a new device immediately.

I'm still on the side of "keep the jack" with regard to future devices, as I've not bought any decent wireless headphones, but I might be persuaded, come the revolution.

Soldato
No extra update for me (beta user on 8.0.0). I guess you guys are now on what we have been on the last few days. Let us know if you notice any deterioration in battery performance.

Permabanned
No extra update for me (beta user on 8.0.0). I guess you guys are now on what we have been on the last few days. Let us know if you notice any deterioration in battery performance.

What I have noticed however is that just prior to and just after installing 8.0, there have been a huge number of automatic requests for app updates---at least 30. So clearly Google is setting up all my apps to run in optimal way for 8.0. I get updates all the time OTA but I have never had this many automatically update at one or two times.

Soldato
What I have noticed however is that just prior to and just after installing 8.0, there have been a huge number of automatic requests for app updates---at least 30. So clearly Google is setting up all my apps to run in optimal way for 8.0. I get updates all the time OTA but I have never had this many automatically update at one or two times.
That's a good point, I too have been getting bombarded with updates. I'll just have to see how things are doing in a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom