Google Pixel and Pixel XL

Soldato
I recently got a pixel with oreo 128GB on a great deal but im experiencing some sort of epic keyboard lag issue in whatsapp and messenger. If I open the app and try to bring up the keyboard it can take upwards of 3 to 5 seconds and several taps. Does anyone else have this or is mine faulty? it seems to only be those apps.
Are you using a keyboard other than Gboard?

Has anybody found that since the update to oreo they're getting the occasional, random notification noise when turning the screen on or opening/closing apps?
Can't say that I have I'm afraid.
What I do find incredibly annoying though, is that due to me living in a signal blackspot, Oreo decides to tell me every few minutes that I don't have any signal (duh!) by letting off a notification. I can't fin any way of getting rid of it :( Does anyone have any idea?

Soldato
Using the stock keyboard I'm actually thinking it may have an issue it's getting extremely hot and it's randomly rebooted again. I thought the first time it rebooted it was an update but it's done it again.

Soldato
Using the stock keyboard I'm actually thinking it may have an issue it's getting extremely hot and it's randomly rebooted again. I thought the first time it rebooted it was an update but it's done it again.
Sounds like an issue with the phone then, might be worth using the support function in settings. They were very helpful when I chatted with them.

Soldato
onto them now so far pretty useless. I'm still within my cooling off period with the phone so might send it back for a replacement see if its any better.

Have you bought direct from Google? I've sent 2 phones back to them and the turnaround is excellent, if you have any concerns just do the RMA and you'll have a replacement next day as you'll need to order a new phone so will get next day delivery. Your credit card refund for the RMA should be processed within a week.

Associate
Finally had the notification to upgrade from Nougat to Oreo.

Should I click the button or am I going to regret it and wish I had stayed at Nougat? There seem to be an unusually large number of gripes about this upgrade.

For those that have upgraded, do you regret it?

Soldato
Finally had the notification to upgrade from Nougat to Oreo.

Should I click the button or am I going to regret it and wish I had stayed at Nougat? There seem to be an unusually large number of gripes about this upgrade.

For those that have upgraded, do you regret it?
I don't regret it, even if this is still annoying:
What I do find incredibly annoying though, is that due to me living in a signal blackspot, Oreo decides to tell me every few minutes that I don't have any signal (duh!) by letting off a notification. I can't fin any way of getting rid of it :(

Soldato
I'm tempted by the recent price drops to swap out the pixel for a pixel xl as my goal has been a bigger screen. Thoughts, is it currently a bit much to pay (450) given newer flagships around. Got the LG V30 in the back of my mind

Soldato
I'm tempted by the recent price drops to swap out the pixel for a pixel xl as my goal has been a bigger screen. Thoughts, is it currently a bit much to pay (450) given newer flagships around. Got the LG V30 in the back of my mind

I'm in the exact same situation but I'm holding out for the Pixel 2 XL as I don't want to upgrade to older tech. If the spec boost isn't enough or the price is ridiculous then I'll just hold on to my Pixel

Not sure if that helps you much, but that's my thought process for what it's worth.

Associate
Result, had an issue with the front facing camera on my pixel crashing whenever I tried to use it, went on the support chat and got an RMA, sent mine in and got sent an XL in return.
Is there a shortage of pixels now the pixel 2 is due?

Battery is certainly longer lasting and prefer the larger screen so it's all good, and top marks to Google on the swift turnaround and free upgrade ;)

Back
Top Bottom