Google Pixel and Pixel XL

They do like nice, but its not as nice as Samsung, camera isn't as nice, display isn't as nice, battery life isn't as nice and so on. Samsung is just better at this point, at one time I would have loved a HTC nexus but now they really don't have much going for them expect the speakers being better.

The 10 is decent but still far too expensive IMO.

You opinion, mine, most reviewers, the general public... I see they've extended the "£100 off" for another week - they should just make £470 the RRP already, even though that's still a bit too much for me. It's frustrating because the 10 is good enough to be the phone that reverses HTC's fortunes, but not while it's more expensive than the S7 and much more than the likes of the OP3 & P9 (Axon 7 would also count if it were available anytime this year).

Back on topic, hopefully the smaller Nexus performs as closely to the bigger one as the specs would seem to indicate but a sub-3000 mAH battery isn't a great start.

I'm interested enough in the 2016 Nexus - but mainly as I'm hoping there will be a fire-sale on the 5X once they have been officially announced.
I'm running an N5, recently replaced the battery and it's fine. Won't be getting Nougat, so a low priced N5X would be cool.

I think you are right to compare the Nexus 2016 range to the well-regarded HTC 10. I think Google chooses the Nexus partner from the Android stable of OEMs and this year it is clearly HTCs turn. But more than that Google has a really close role in the design and functionality of its Nexus so it is not merely a rebranded HTC 10.

Saw an interesting stat the other day about Android. Did you know that their market share globally has increased to 86.2% and Apple iPhone has fallen to 12.9%? If you want to know the source I can find it but I recall it being quite a well-respected one. And that Google's focus now is the next billion users, esp in places like Indonesia and India.

They have built a truly awesome ecosystem and I believe they will continue to produce very good Nexus phones.

As mentioned looking forward to a release in a couple of months, if not sooner.

I think you are right to compare the Nexus 2016 range to the well-regarded HTC 10. I think Google chooses the Nexus partner from the Android stable of OEMs and this year it is clearly HTCs turn. But more than that Google has a really close role in the design and functionality of its Nexus so it is not merely a rebranded HTC 10.

Saw an interesting stat the other day about Android. Did you know that their market share globally has increased to 86.2% and Apple iPhone has fallen to 12.9%? If you want to know the source I can find it but I recall it being quite a well-respected one. And that Google's focus now is the next billion users, esp in places like Indonesia and India.

They have built a truly awesome ecosystem and I believe they will continue to produce very good Nexus phones.

As mentioned looking forward to a release in a couple of months, if not sooner.

Yeah I am not sure that is a good stat. So many rubbish phones running android badly does it justice. I am always surprised by the lack of high end phones running stock android

Really good point. Very few stock Android phones but updates to the latest operating system on non-stock phones happening a bit quicker these days (but still not fast enough). Android built its reputation on OEMs getting their OS from Google and operating with really little markups--esp in developing countries like India or Indonesia or Vietnam. Hard to crack the whip on timing of updates when margins are so thin to begin with. But Nexus is the shining light and Google pays attention to its release so I am quietly optimistic about the Nexus 2016 launches. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom