Google Pixel and Pixel XL

Associate
Loving my Pixel XL so far. Just so blisteringly fast, and the battery life is great.

Has anyone tried a different camera app? I looked at the opo 3T before ending up with the Pixel, and that camera has a manual mode so that you can choose aperture/shutter speed etc.

Is there anything similar for Pixel?

Thanks

Permabanned
Controlling Nest thermostat from Pixel

Noticed that this feature, available in US in now being launched in UK. With Nest Thermostat in house, now linking temperature control to voice activation in Assistant. This can be done from Google Assistant's settings, if you have one of the Home Control devices listed, including Nest.

Here is link to available voice commands on either Assistant on your Pixel or via Google Home:

https://nest.com/support/article/Le...rmostat-with-Google-Assistant-and-Google-Home

Soldato
After latest security update, I'm finding that it doesn't recognise my finger print on first wake, but after waking with screen swipe it recognises finger print as normal.

It's happened every morning since I updated.

Permabanned
String;30489131 said:
After latest security update, I'm finding that it doesn't recognise my finger print on first wake, but after waking with screen swipe it recognises finger print as normal.

It's happened every morning since I updated.

I have the latest security update and my fingerprint sensor wake up works fine.

As usual I wonder if you might find it helpful to do a Power Off? Sometimes that works wonders.

Permabanned
String;30489460 said:
Could be the solution mate, I'll give it a try. Cheers.

For those able to secure their new Pixel XLs recently, I note that the phone remains amazingly popular months after launch. The US supply constraints must reflect what is going on here too.....limited availablity and long (3-4 weeks when available to order in the Play Store) waits for some models and no availability for other XL models.

http://bgr.com/2017/02/10/pixel-xl-128gb-in-stock-now-google-store/

And now I see that Sony TVs will be the first to incorporate Google Assistant built-in.

https://www.wired.com/2017/02/sony-4k-tvs-processors/

Soldato
_Jimlad_;30500332 said:
guys i connected my pixel to the pc via usb c cable and port that i used on my nexus 6p - it shows as fast charging but i cant seem to access it as a storage device?

Make sure the screen is unlocked then you should have an option or pop-up confirming if you want it to act as mass storage or charge only

Soldato
No joy. I wonder if it's the PC playing up. It certainly charges it on fast charge as well

if i use the usb adapater that came with the spare cable in the box it works fine off a standard port.

Last edited:
Permabanned
One of the greatest things I have found with my Pixel XL continues to be Google Assistant, which just seems to get better over time. I hope others agree with this view. Moving from the Nexus 6 where I was using the app, Allo prior to buying the Pixel, I was really pleased with the upgrade in Google Assistant on the Pixel.

I found this link which summarises the many voice commands you can currently do using Google Assistant, many of which I use daily. I recently noted that I also use GA to command my Nest Thermostat. Hope it is helpful.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/google-pixel-assistant/

Associate
I have an issue in that when i use Google Assistant to play some music (i.e. I say at the lock screen "ok google play some Fleetwood Mac", it will say OK (or whatever), and it will then open play music as it should, and then locate Fleetwood Mac, then que a song, it will then not play that song and then quickly start cycling through about 30 tracks by the artist before then showing an error saying the it cant play the stream. This is the same for any artist. I have cleared the app cache, removed my google account and then added it again, rebooted etc. all without any success.

If i use OK google from the google now screen it works, or if i go to play music without using assistant it also works fine.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom