Google Pixel and Pixel XL

Permabanned
I have an issue in that when i use Google Assistant to play some music (i.e. I say at the lock screen "ok google play some Fleetwood Mac", it will say OK (or whatever), and it will then open play music as it should, and then locate Fleetwood Mac, then que a song, it will then not play that song and then quickly start cycling through about 30 tracks by the artist before then showing an error saying the it cant play the stream. This is the same for any artist. I have cleared the app cache, removed my google account and then added it again, rebooted etc. all without any success.

If i use OK google from the google now screen it works, or if i go to play music without using assistant it also works fine.

Any ideas?

Do you subscribe to Google Play Music? I do (family deal for £ 15 per month which allows for a number of family members--maybe up to 6 I think).

So when I say OK Google, play Landslide by Fleetwood Mac on Google Play Music" or if I say "OK Google, play Say you love me by Fleetwood Mac on Google Play Music", each time the song I ask for starts playing. It is part of a Landslide "Radio Station" curated by Google that also includes songs by Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, Crosby Stills & Nash, Eagles and More but it is always the first song played what I ask.

I wonder if you asking for some music by Fleetwood Mac, and if you are not subscribing to Google Play Music (?), it is merely queueing songs by FM in a radio station format from YouTube?

Just thinking......

Associate
Thanks for the reply sesevans.

I dont subscribe to Google Play, and instead put all my music into the Google Cloud (or whatever they call it), using their music manager service which allows you to upload up to 50000 of your own tunes.

It works fine if i ask it to play a specific track, its only when i say "music by", and allow it to choose something at random by the artist.

Its something that worked no problem on my LG G3, and still works fine on my Pixel if i use the google now screen (pull that G on the homescreen to the right and hit the mic button then say "ok google". Its only if i use google assistant it doesnt work.

Could you try it on yours from the lock screen for me (dont name a specific track, just music from an artist and let it choose a random track)?

Thx in advance

Permabanned
Thanks for the reply sesevans.

I dont subscribe to Google Play, and instead put all my music into the Google Cloud (or whatever they call it), using their music manager service which allows you to upload up to 50000 of your own tunes.

It works fine if i ask it to play a specific track, its only when i say "music by", and allow it to choose something at random by the artist.

Its something that worked no problem on my LG G3, and still works fine on my Pixel if i use the google now screen (pull that G on the homescreen to the right and hit the mic button then say "ok google". Its only if i use google assistant it doesnt work.

Could you try it on yours from the lock screen for me (dont name a specific track, just music from an artist and let it choose a random track)?

Thx in advance

I asked it to play music from Fleetwood Mac (either without specifying Google Play Music and then with specifying Google Play Music) and each time it opened into Fleetwood Mac's The Chain. The "radio station" it created then had Dreams, Rhiannon, Landslide, etc. Does that help?

Soldato
Got my new Tranium case, shipped from Las Vegas (which was more than the cost of the case) from Amazon. So snug. This is honestly the first case I've had which doesn't feel like a case is even on it.

FreJuOy.jpg

Permabanned
If you want to pass along your comments about what you hope Google will include in the Pixel 2 due out later this year, there is a link I noticed in this article.

https://www.technobuffalo.com/2017/02/19/google-pixel-lead-asks-how-the-pixel-can-improve-sound-off/

Some of the comments I expected: waterproofing, dual speakers. I would not be surprised if Google incorporates "mixed reality", including real time 3D mapping of the environment, in the next iteration of the Pixel. Lenovo has already shipped the Phab 2 Pro phone incorporating Google Tango and there are an increasing number of Tango related apps now available for download to compatible devices.

Check out this Tango app developed by the Natural History Museum to bring back the dinosaur: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w1V0VyVsPM

A Tango app called Home AR Designer for example lets you see virtual furniture in your home before you buy it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Elementals.ARHomeDesigner&hl=en

Tango could be a major tool for identifying objects, buildings, appliances and products and providing additional information about them in your field of view.

I believe support for Tango in the next Pixel would be a great idea.

Permabanned
Hi String

Not seen any problem. One good thing about the Google app is that it gets a security/glitch type update every few days. If there is a problem, it is usually therefore likely to be very short-lived me thinks.

Associate
I've switched over from the S7.

Managed to get a Black 128GB 'Refurb' from Currys Ebay for £559. Sold the S7 for £325.

Phone runs a lot better than the S7, smaller battery yet better Screen on Time.

What apps/trick do people recommend?

Associate
Almost pulled the trigger on one of these today, was offered Pixel 128gb 40.99 per month £80 upfront, for 7gb on EE Max - does this seem like a good deal - I walked away when they realised they didn't have any stock though they said they could order it in. What do you think?

Associate
Almost pulled the trigger on one of these today, was offered Pixel 128gb 40.99 per month £80 upfront, for 7gb on EE Max - does this seem like a good deal - I walked away when they realised they didn't have any stock though they said they could order it in. What do you think?
Over12,18 or 24 months?

Soldato
I'm guessing the majority of you have the 32gb version. How.you finding the space?

Any regrets?

Can't decide.between normal pixel.and a oneplus 3t

Back
Top Bottom