Google Pixel Tablet

Soldato
You'd have to be abusing some serious substances to think it's worth paying a premium for a Google tablet.
Maybe this time they'll actually support it? :D

Would be nice if they could get back to the old Nexus days. The 7 and 10 were great pieces of hardware, with poorer quality apps. The Nexus 9 stock experience, not so much...

Caporegime
Yeah that is a dissapointment.
I'm heavily invested into Google and I was deffo hoping it would be a nicer overall screen. I was expecting the internal pixel 7 phone specs but that screen is sub par for 2023.

The docking station being dumb after the tablet removed, that is an epic fail. I'm utterly bemused who's idea that was? Literally the second most important feature on my list for a product like this.

Real shame. I travel a lot, being the rich dink I am... But I kinda feel this would be an average tablet experience too.

I think they missed a trick here. A few conceptual fails. I guess the 2nd gen will see the return of smart features when undocked. Then maybe will I reassess it. Hopefully I don't buy a tablet before. :p

Soldato
wait, 60hz screen? seriously....that can't be right

I recently paid £550 direct from the samsung store for my tab s8+ which has a bigger oled screen at 120hz and a much, much faster processor (oh and a pen which I never use)

Not sure what's going on with googles pricing, but it's been wrong for a few years now. Paid £550 for my pixel 7 pro from the bt shop online, which is only £100 more than the 7a :confused: I assume the 7a will drop £100 next month?

Mid range specs for flasgship prices?

Hang on, they've got it back to front.....that's what's wrong! They meant flasgship specs for midrange prices but got the words the wrong way round. Someone send them an email!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
£599 is obviously far too high given the competition. £100 less and I think people would be more tempted, especially when you factor in the cost of the dock ($129).

But in regards to the 60hz screen, I don't have an issue with it tbh given what its purpose is - a midrange tablet which doubles up as a nest hub.

Soldato
£599 is obviously far too high given the competition. £100 less and I think people would be more tempted, especially when you factor in the cost of the dock ($129).

But in regards to the 60hz screen, I don't have an issue with it tbh given what its purpose is - a midrange tablet which doubles up as a nest hub.
It'll be on sale soon enough

Caporegime
Jesus Christ it's releasing in Sweden at just under 8000kr which is about 600 quid.

At half the price it would still be a compromise on features, and tbh they rarely discount in Sweden. Pixel pro 7 is still the same price as day 1. It's bs.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
MKB is such a lame reviewer these days.too much waffle and too little substance.

Mr Mobile has a good holistic review.

In regards to the tablet..as said before it's just overpriced.

He's very vanilla isn't he. I still watch his stuff but I find he rarely gives a unique perspective or some interesting thoughts.

Very formulaic.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Lol.

Was watching this as I hoped it might be a cheap "home hub"/photo frame type thing that you could also use for a bit of light browsing.

I've never really understood the appeal of tablets anyway. Too big to be a phone. To crippled to be a laptop. But like the idea of a casual use at home thing.

600gbp? Nope. I don't think it will be successful myself.

What's going on with Google? I was interested in thier watch.. Until I read about it!

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
What's going on with Google? I was interested in thier watch.. Until I read about it!

Google's issue is they are a software company first, trying to do hardware. There's always something obvious that is lacking or wrong with products they launch. They aren't bad, don't get me wrong, but they just don't deliver on the detail.

Back
Top Bottom