Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Lol, still no code?

Football Manager type of games will be perfect for Stadia, you won't be able to tell the difference.
I came across Stadia after watching the GN video. So it seems they are going to release a 'free' version of Stadia next year. I may well wait for that then i would just need to buy FM and I will be on my way.

Associate
Received code and will get package later today.
Entered code in app and claimed free games. Opened chrome on pc and went Stadia web page. Clicked play on Destiny and have played solid for 1hr.
Just forgot I was playing in a browser, input lag is fantastic in comparison to all other streaming platforms I have tried over the years.
Not as crisp as single player pc game but not noticeable after 5 mins playing. Strange to be playing a game and fans not kicking in!
If I tab out going back to the game it will be in a lower quality then quickly returns.
Looking forward to playing on TV later.
On Sky fibre 76/20

ps I think if i was using a controller I would not notice any difference from my xbox

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I came across Stadia after watching the GN video. So it seems they are going to release a 'free' version of Stadia next year. I may well wait for that then i would just need to buy FM and I will be on my way.
Free version will mean no 4K and you still need to buy games at full price. The full price will be like £50-60 I think. But lets wait and see.

Entered code in app and claimed free games. Opened chrome on pc and went Stadia web page. Clicked play on Destiny and have played solid for 1hr.
Just forgot I was playing in a browser, input lag is fantastic in comparison to all other streaming platforms I have tried over the years.
Not as crisp as single player pc game but not noticeable after 5 mins playing. Strange to be playing a game and fans not kicking in!
If I tab out going back to the game it will be in a lower quality then quickly returns.
On Sky fibre 76/20

ps I think if i was using a controller I would not notice any difference from my xbox
Sounds good man. Bodes well for the future then. If they can get the tech to be good enough where it works fine on single player story games, then I will be very happy as those are the one's that interest me most.

I am hoping steam will release such a thing, that way we have the option of either playing our games on local hardware or stream it. I am sure if theyt offered it for £9.99 a months a lot of people would much prefer to use it due to the flexibility.

Caporegime
OP
I am hoping steam will release such a thing, that way we have the option of either playing our games on local hardware or stream it. I am sure if theyt offered it for £9.99 a months a lot of people would much prefer to use it due to the flexibility.

I don't know how they could do it without investing many, many $$$$. The entire Steam library would need to be adjusted to work on a fixed hardware spec if Valve do similar to Stadia. (And it's highly likely they'd copy Stadia with Vulkan and Linux instead of paying Microsoft for Windows.) Or they might just port things as they go and if your game isn't on the list, you'll have to download it. Maybe they could provide access to virtual PCs like Shadow.tech. It's easy for Microsoft and Sony because they have a fixed hardware spec in place with the Xbone and PS4. But for Valve it would be somewhat of a nightmare. The same would apply to all the others like EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard-Activision who have been murmuring in the past about setting up their own cloud streaming services.

Associate
On Sky fibre 76/20

Same. Blown away by how great it runs. On a chromecast with the stadia pad I just couldn't feel any input lag what's so ever, some sort of magic. Used geforce now a lot and its no contest between the two, this is on another level.

Last edited:
Associate
Not had a gaming PC since 2013, so only base PS4 to go by but yeah, 4K 60fps HDR with all the trimmings on a Samsung 55" with 1500 nits is quite the change. No input lag, couldn't tell it was streaming. Ethernet based, 223/20 internet. For high end PC gamers I can't comment though.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't know how they could do it without investing many, many $$$$. The entire Steam library would need to be adjusted to work on a fixed hardware spec if Valve do similar to Stadia. (And it's highly likely they'd copy Stadia with Vulkan and Linux instead of paying Microsoft for Windows.) Or they might just port things as they go and if your game isn't on the list, you'll have to download it. Maybe they could provide access to virtual PCs like Shadow.tech. It's easy for Microsoft and Sony because they have a fixed hardware spec in place with the Xbone and PS4. But for Valve it would be somewhat of a nightmare. The same would apply to all the others like EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard-Activision who have been murmuring in the past about setting up their own cloud streaming services.
Well they may have to make the investment or get left behind eventually and lose market share. Think of it like R&D where AMD and Nvidia spend billions, without that investment there is no future for those companies.

Besides it does not have to be now. It can be in say 5 years time or something when the tech is more mature and cheaper. Gives time for broadband to catch up as still many people do not have the lines needed.

Associate
Just plugged my Xbox controller into my mac book air and now running Assassins Creed Odyssey, no fans no lag and on WiFi.
Not even 1080p but still looks amazing

Soldato
Same. Blown away by how great it runs. On a chromecast with the stadia pad I just couldn't feel any input lag what's so ever, some sort of magic. Used geforce now a lot and its no contest between the two, this is on another level.

This is good to see, hopefully this launch can be put down to teething problems and the system is a success.

Anything that challenges Nvidia and their £1k GPUs gets my vote. :)

Associate
28 hour after launch for me (7th June), so by my estimate you'll have it in 6 months, if your ordered in Aug. I joke but this is Google on Launch so anything is possible at this point.

Associate
Got my package and code earlier today. Plugged in via Ethernet - playing on chromecast with the stadia controller, could barely notice the input lag and after 10 mins of play you don’t notice it at all. Destiny looked good, a bit of compression here and there but it was as if there was a console plugged in. Really clever tech. For reference my internet is around 49mb down and 15mb up.

Back
Top Bottom