• Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Associate
Not a single frame rate issue playing another couple of hours of Shadow of Tomb raider. Heavy jungle environment, looks amazing. Stadia confirms 4K, HDR & years of playing 30fps caps on PS4 I can confirm it's way above that though would like a counter in the corner. Feels like 60fps as advertised.

I do find the volume on the low side with Chromecast Ultra, with headphones plugged into controler+max volume on headset & Chromecast vol setting max.

Will see what it's like this evening.
If they have the games & continue to push the datacentre hardware for features like realtime ray tracing into by Q4 2020 for supported games then fantastic. I will get a PS5, I won't pretend I won't but will be mostly down to the exclusive Sony games.

Caporegime
OP
Not a single frame rate issue playing another couple of hours of Shadow of Tomb raider. Heavy jungle environment, looks amazing. Stadia confirms 4K, HDR & years of playing 30fps caps on PS4 I can confirm it's way above that though would like a counter in the corner. Feels like 60fps as advertised.

You're either playing at 4K30 or lower than 4K to get 60fps. The game has a performance/quality mode.

Associate
You're either playing at 4K30 or lower than 4K to get 60fps. The game has a performance/quality mode.

Bringing up Stadia side menu during game play says 4K HDR 'Excellent' connection & frame rate feels far higher than 30fps. UPDATE: selected quality over performance in the game, so it's possible:

Google is doing frame interpolation
Or
My TV being in gaming mode with judder & blur reduction set to 10/10.

Will try with both set off & see what happens.

Last edited:
Soldato
The main thing I didn't think about when going down the Stadia route is my wifes constant drain on our broadband. She's watching awful soaps on the TV so I fire up Stadia on the laptop and straight away she is on her tablet infi-scrolling her facebook feed. She goes into the kitchen to do some stuff, great, I'm getting on Stadia and straight away it's "ALEXA, PLAY SOME POP MUSIC" :mad:

In theory my broadband is good enough at about 30MB/s but it doesn't really leave anything in the bank for that oh so important Michael McIntyre sketch from 5 years ago that some random in a FB group has just discovered :o

Soldato
I'd rather eat my own earwax that get involved in Stadia, are they going to refund all your game purchases when they shut it down?

Nope, I didn't think so.

of course not. I'm pretty sure the terms and conditions will say you are buying a lincense and not ownership of the game and that they can revoke your license at any time including shutting down the service

Associate
Okay yes, Samsung TV without Judder Reduction in Gaming Mode (10/10 to 0/10) takes it to to what must be 30fps. So yeah, I wouldn't recommend Stadia unless you have a good brand 4K TV with extensive Gaming Mode options. The interpolation makes it a far more pleasant experience.

Caporegime
OP
Okay yes, Samsung TV without Judder Reduction in Gaming Mode (10/10 to 0/10) takes it to to what must be 30fps. So yeah, I wouldn't recommend Stadia unless you have a good brand 4K TV with extensive Gaming Mode options. The interpolation makes it a far more pleasant experience.

Whatever the game is being rendered at on Stadia you should always be getting a 1080p60 or 4K60 video stream to your TV because they will upscale the resolution for Pro subscribers and do 2x encode for 30fps games. So it shouldn't really matter what your TV is doing processing-wise as long as you have the right mode (game) for lowering display lag.

Associate
Why do people talk about refunds? Stadia costs the same as a meal and a few beers but gives far better value. £40 or £50 on a game that lasts a few months is better value than beer.

Last edited:
Associate
Whatever the game is being rendered at on Stadia you should always be getting a 1080p60 or 4K60 video stream to your TV because they will upscale the resolution for Pro subscribers and do 2x encode for 30fps games. So it shouldn't really matter what your TV is doing processing-wise as long as you have the right mode (game) for lowering display lag.

Definitely not 4K60 with previously mentioned settings turned off. It's extremely noticeable.

Associate
Played it tonight on TV with Stadia controller and also on the Mac Mini with a PS4 controller. Aside from the first couple of seconds no noticeable juddering or dropped frames. I am sure to the purist eye an Uber PC is better but for me it is perfect. Looking forward to getting in RDR2.

Associate
Now destiny server back online I can test this out...

Few things....

Really smooth (i hate destiny at 30fps like running in oil)

Loading time are crazy fast (way faster then my Xbox X with internal ssd)

Everything more snapper ( UI on console so slow everything got a delay)

I can tell it's running lower resolution at the moment

I need to test out PvP :)

This is running on WiFi network.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom