GoPro 3

Soldato
Soldato
I have the HERO1 and i use it all the time.

Definitly going to get the HERO3 black edition, worth it just for the 720p 120fps. Should make some awesome slomo shots @ 25% speed.

Soldato
OP
What do people use these for? I don't mean like extreme sports people, what do forum members use them for?

kd

I bought my Hero 1 for my skiing holiday in February this year. It has since been used when going out for drives with mates, I took it on my last holiday to Cyprus to capture footage going up through the troodos mountains on a quad bike.

Will be getting used again when I go to Iceland in December and my next skiing holiday in January. It's great for capturing memories and the quality is better than most hand held video recorders, it's able to "go places" that other video recorders can't. The size an accessories are brilliant too.

Will be buying a road bike in the new year, and will probably use it on this too.

Soldato
What do people use these for? I don't mean like extreme sports people, what do forum members use them for?

kd

We've used our GoPro in a number of corporate films; a remote control digger (attached to), a skid control lesson for a college (on and inside the car), on a bicycle for a Kenyan charity, underwater for a spa promo (in the pool and steam room) and on a bike again for a PR film for Confused.com. They're very versatile and just allow you to get a shot where no other camera can go.

Soldato
Booo, I came here to make a thread about it.

The Black Edition is an incredible piece of kit. I want this sort of technology in my SLR!

Associate
looks splendid, I only just got my Hero2 in February! The promo video is amazing, some of the shots they get are truly spectacular.

Soldato

kd

You realise there are extreme sports people on these forums right?! We're not all geeks :p. I use mine on my Motocross bike (Helmet & chest), while scuba diving down to 30m, paddleboarding, off roading, all sorts.
They make great video, go anywhere and are indestructible.

www.youtube.com/andrewmacbeth

Soldato
I've really enjoyed my GoPro HD Hero 2 since March. I am shocking with cameras/photography/art, but that bit of kit allows me to make my life more interesting. Loving the editing side of things, so will upload a little montage of what I used mine for so far as my editing skills have progress from ziltch to average quite quickly.

I'm going to sell it and get the black edition because I have somehow justified it to myself as I'm off skiing, climbing Kilimanjaro and on a European driving tour.

I made a video of my nutty office where I work, used it on my cars in Europe, took it diving on holiday andmade a crazy birthday movie for somebody. Some old stuff I did a while back:

Back
Top Bottom