Got myself a Samsung NP355V5C S01UK (AMD A10 4600M + HD7670M 1GB)

Associate
Hi there, just looking at buying one of the exact same laptops as above for a moderate gaming machine - I know this all was posted a while back, but wondered if y'all were still happy with the machine?
cheers....!

Soldato
OP
Forgot all about this thread :o Yes still very happy with it. If buying for gaming go for something with a better GPU, Crossfire support is very hit and miss. For example Far Cry 3 does not put any load on the 7660g at all, which is annoying because 25% or so higher frame rate wouldn't go amiss for the mix of medium settings I'm running it with (30-45FPS)

As an all rounder it's great, the A10 impresses me considering how "inferior" it is to my i7 SB work laptop, and this has a better battery life too

Associate
Hi there;

Could you check the CPU/APU temps of this laptop please? I just got the same laptop last week, but the CPU is reporting over 100 degrees Celsius temperature :eek:

Just want to see if this is 'normal' or a misreading :D I was using Speccy.

Associate
Half it ;) I've no idea why but I have seen a few programs report the CPU temp as twice as high as it really is. You'd know if it were 100c, as the CPU throttles at 95c! :D

AMD Overdrive can correctly read the APU sensors - Linky

I'll give that a download when I got home, I was crazy googling why there was high temps for this laptop with no results, downloading multiple tools waiting for the laptop to burst into flames with them all reporting 100+ degrees per core.

Make's sense though, since the motherboard temp was reporting in the 48-56 range, and was confused why the fan would only turn on once the CPU's reached 105 degrees Celsius and turn off at 100.

I can maybe look into these 12.8/12.9 drivers now that the panic is over.

Thank you very much for your help!

Associate
From all the googling regarding the laptop I've done I have only seen 12.8/12.9 being mentioned.

I'm still on the Samsung provided-drivers which I'm assuming aren't the latest available, but if 12.11 beta drivers are looking good then I might give them a go too. It's not for 'hardcore' gaming but the occasional LAN thing.

Is it just a case of removing the old and installing the new? Or is their some process like I've seen on some forums?

Associate
did u manage to install ur ssd to the laptop?
if so what speeds are you getting?

I added a samsung 830 128gb to mine and it seems im running at sata 2 speeds. I tried the amd sata drivers and ms drivers both of them are the same
S98BS.png

Soldato
Been using one of these laptops quite a bit recently, the S03SE version so has the A8-4500m + 7670M.
Very impressed with the performance from this, and thats with the lower shader count on the A8.
The display isn't much use, but for very portable gaming it does the job!

Very much looking forward to AMDs next APU, Trinity is a very capable chip. :)

Edit: Absolutely essential to get off of the stock Samsung touchpad driver though. Absolutely horrendous!
Updated to the most recent from the Synaptics site, finally the multitouch functions work properly...

Last edited:
Associate
Here I like this post and I am looking for my new laptop. You have shared with us really amazing features and snap shots of your laptops. Most interesting part is that it has 8 GB RAM which is totally new for me. Hope I will buy this laptop very soon.

Back
Top Bottom