Got some protein...

Permabanned
i get my protein wpc unflavoured and stick skimmed milk in it. Tastes a bit like full cream milk, awesome. If you cant hack it then you probably lift like a girl too. You are probably undersized in the underpants department too. Obviously this is merely conjecture.

Soldato
Every month we have a thread on how to make whey taste better. Firstly it doesn't taste bad, you're exaggerating! Its bland and mildly milky, bet these people have to have tomato ketchup on all their food to mask the disgusting fresh taste! :rolleyes: Second, you're drinking it to get extra protein NOT because its a tasty, refreshing beverage.............come back when your ball bags sprout! :mad:

Having said all that, whey, oats, couple of bananas, coconut milk and a dusting of cocoa is a great way to start the day! ;) :D

Soldato
Could you put whey + milk + strawberries into a blender, then drink?

Whatever you do, DO NOT put strawberries and whey in a blender. The phosphorus and selenium is the strawbs reacts with the alpha-lactalbumin in the whey to produce a nitro-glycerine derivative............you could blow your face right off!

Man of Honour
I love this surge on whey protein - yes it helps, but it only helps with a good diet, a strong training plan, and dedication - it's not a magic muscle builder. I managed to gain a lot of mass without even using whey. Now I train harder and am bigger/stronger than I was all the effort I put in uses up a lot of the calories/nurtients that I ingest and need to be replenished because I actually use up what I put in. It won't miraculously make your muscles grow - and a lot of people seem to think that, it's quite sad really :/

I know this has nothing to do with falvour, but I just wanted to vent.

Associate
I know what your saying, know several people who are the same. I've not been into the lifting much as of late (lack of time), but when I was, whey would only be taken in smallish amounts. You could almost say I was just supplimenting my diet ;)

Associate
I must admit that all the whey threads do make me chuckle a bit. I guess I just don't have the body builder mentality to be so anal on my diet and adding in supplements all the time. I would rather avoid whey shakes and with the calories that I dont consume in whey I can afford to cook myself a nice meal. I guess I have never suffered with not being able to take enough nutrients in, being a foodie just gives me the opposite problem haha.

Associate
I love this surge on whey protein - yes it helps, but it only helps with a good diet, a strong training plan, and dedication - it's not a magic muscle builder. I managed to gain a lot of mass without even using whey. Now I train harder and am bigger/stronger than I was all the effort I put in uses up a lot of the calories/nurtients that I ingest and need to be replenished because I actually use up what I put in. It won't miraculously make your muscles grow - and a lot of people seem to think that, it's quite sad really :/

Well said. I only drink protein drinks once a day now, before bed. Nothing is better than real food.

Permabanned
Well said. I only drink protein drinks once a day now, before bed. Nothing is better than real food.

I think, although your point is just fine, that FF was getting at the fact that a lot of young men come out of the pub on a sunny day and stand topless leaning against a lampost drinking from a maximuscle shaker then go back in the pub.

There's nothing wrong per se with getting lots of protein from shakes, but the muscles are a combination of the nutrients PLUS te training. More over 99% of people in the uk need for think about actually putting on some muscle before they need worry about their blood amino's and maintaining anabolics. Most people you think have 'muscle' are probably just skinny and most people you think are 'big' are probably just fat. FACT

Associate
I think, although your point is just fine, that FF was getting at the fact that a lot of young men come out of the pub on a sunny day and stand topless leaning against a lampost drinking from a maximuscle shaker then go back in the pub.

There's nothing wrong per se with getting lots of protein from shakes, but the muscles are a combination of the nutrients PLUS te training. More over 99% of people in the uk need for think about actually putting on some muscle before they need worry about their blood amino's and maintaining anabolics. Most people you think have 'muscle' are probably just skinny and most people you think are 'big' are probably just fat. FACT

Too true on all points. There isnt anything wrong at all getting protein from a drink, you just need to make sure your getting a decent balance (which not all have).

And the bit on what people generally think is pretty damned true, on the note of "big" people, it reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkDxwew7vjY

;)

Not that I can say much!

Associate

Well said. It makes me smile when i see YET ANOTHER whey protein thread, its as if some ppl think its some kind of miracle powder! lol.

Back
Top Bottom