• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU for 4K movie viewing

Associate
OP
why not simply stream it to say a firestick with kodi installed, much easier than having to faff around with an external drive.
Interesting. I have Kodi on my PC, How would I stream to the tv? I have previously used home network and pointed to TV at the files on hard drive but that was direct to the files, not via Kodi. I have no idea how to do it via Kodi, especially as Kodi is on the pc and I want to watch on TV bypassing the pc streaming.

Associate
Interesting. I have Kodi on my PC, How would I stream to the tv? I have previously used home network and pointed to TV at the files on hard drive but that was direct to the files, not via Kodi. I have no idea how to do it via Kodi, especially as Kodi is on the pc and I want to watch on TV bypassing the pc streaming.

so the way i do it, is to store the files on a pc/nas, create a smb share or something similar. then install kodi on the firestick or similar android media stick. when setting kodi up, you would point to the share, then it would index the files and grab your covers etc. you could go one step further like i do and use a sqlite install on the nas/pc and in kodi point to the sqllite server this will then store all of the media info in a sqlite db on the pc/nas instead of the firestick freeing up space and speed on firestick.
theres instructions here:https://kodi.wiki/view/SMB/Windows#Windows_10 but rememeber you will ened a device like a firestick plugged into the tv. but still cheaper than a discrete gpu.

Back
Top Bottom