• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** GPU Hierarchy ***

Don
OP
I think you're being a little unfair on the 6900XT it's an absolute beast in normal rasterization but it's your table. :)

Nah it's not my table (I don't even own anything better than Tier L :D)

I'd hope it's "Our" Table, and it's main use really is to help show rough relative performance to assist people with upgrades and the like.

I certainly don't want it to turn into bickering, especially over topics such as VRAM :D, but open to sensible discussion, and happy to adjust positions of cards if the majority agree

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I'd hope it's "Our" Table, and it's main use really is to help show rough relative performance to assist people with upgrades and the like.

I certainly don't want it to turn into bickering, especially over topics such as VRAM :D, but open to sensible discussion, and happy to adjust positions of cards if the majority agree

Best of luck on that A! Thanks for creating though. :)

Man of Honour
I think it would be fair to have the 6900XT in tier A.

Yes the 3090 Ti will win nearly everything that involves Ray Tracing but there is a lot of software out there that does not use RT.

I actually own a 3090 Ti but on nearly every benchmark it struggles to get anywhere near the 6900XT.

I also play a lot of older games that would also suit a 6900XT better.

Man of Honour
but open to sensible discussion, and happy to adjust positions of cards if the majority agree

Bad idea.

What is the majority, the few people who are the most vocal and extreme or the silent majority?

The Table is a great idea but it needs to be what you think is the best ranking for the cards. Yes you can listen to what people say, read reviews or do other research but in the end it needs to be your honest opinion.:)

Associate
The table is a very good starting point. Everyone will have different use cases and may require tweaking for these, but generally a really good idea. Also, if you know enough to know what your use case is (if it isn't standard) chances are you'll likely know enough about Gpus to adjust as necessary.

Associate
Bad idea.

What is the majority, the few people who are the most vocal and extreme or the silent majority?

The Table is a great idea but it needs to be what you think is the best ranking for the cards. Yes you can listen to what people say, read reviews or do other research but in the end it needs to be your honest opinion.:)
yes dont let the fanboys of either side beat him down till their preffered card under certain conditions is where they want it, list seems fine to me

Soldato
Ah nice. I used to rely on this table many years ago, then struggled to find it the last time I looked.

It used to include a statement like "an upgrade is only worthwhile if it's 3 tiers higher" - do you guys agree with that?

Soldato
6900XT beats out the 3090 in raster so very poor and biased chart; Ray Tracing is a niche feature still especially when a card is forced to use upscaling just to use it - looking at you RTX 3090Ti in CP2077.
In my books RT will be interesting once it can run at 100fps native at 1440p on a midrange card and is widely adopted. Might be a few generations away though.

Soldato
Some folk think its amazeballs and fully balls deep into Jensen's ecosystem this gen.
To be fair I've not used it myself only seen videos that perhaps don't do it justice. I can see the attraction of the new tech but until it's mainstream it won't got full stride. As I understand it the current implementation still "cheats" a bit and isn't true ray tracing?

Permabanned
While you can blame Nvidia for many things in the past, you can't seriously blame them for AMD's decission to prioritise console and mobile sales this gen.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
To be fair I've not used it myself only seen videos that perhaps don't do it justice. I can see the attraction of the new tech but until it's mainstream it won't got full stride. As I understand it the current implementation still "cheats" a bit and isn't true ray tracing?

Mostly correct. The gaming experts on here seem to think its legendary but on the same hand regularly say no GPU has the horsepower right now - so to conclude it the current gen cannot entertain it without compromising something else to achieve higher fps. It is certainly useable on some titles but the better your display demands its simply not there yet.

Soldato

Its usually overblown and not how light really works either - shiny puddles? Nope not how they work. But if Ray Tracing was used as in the real world, not overblown and with thousands of sources, even at 100x100 pixels a dlss rtx 3090ti would fall over (ok that is also an exageration but you get the idea). The way Nv (and AMD) use ray tracing is a mix of rasterising and path tracing.

Back
Top Bottom