• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU panic selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont waste your time @Purgatory as mods can easily rope you into the banning activity with the trollers, I think anyone worth their salt will identify the fresh faced baiters and ignore their 'advice' or spin. Just put him on ignore save you some stress.

Off to do some more panic selling analysis! :)

About 50%, the other 50% should be aimed at scalpers IMO. Did you edit in scalpers? lol ninja fast but exactly my sentiment too!

Yes I forgot to add the scalpers as they are a massive part of the problem too.

Yes I forgot to add the scalpers as they are a massive part of the problem too.
I think the days of the scalper are numbered atleast for this generation with shop and scalper prices now hitting an equilibrium infact scalper prices are now slightly cheaper than shop prices so the only cards worth it for scalpers are now the FE cards which are not easy to buy in multiples.

I am a responsible forum member so no hinting or DM's regarding the following, sad people like me will know where its from :)

The price drops in the past 3 days do not apply to anything from Nvidia. AMD reference cards only!

6900XT Grey Market prices.

WsJ9Fr1.png

6800 Vanilla

VIFIgAh.png

AgRHNBj.png

It is fairly clear that if nothing else, a really big batch of 6700XT's landed and they are being dumped, looking at the prices most probably by either AMD themselves or, a distro.

Grey market as in someone buying and selling them on? Or as in an outfit that builds the GPU from AMD's card?

Still smells fishy this does.

Nvidia 3090 FE

Peak price: £2,460 recorded on 15th May 2021
Trough (past 60 days) : £1,406 recorded today, 1st July 2021

Thats £1,050 drop in approx, 45 days.

uBzX5Hn.png

Last edited:
Nvidia 3090 FE

Peak price: £2,460 recorded on 15th May 2021
Trough (past 60 days) : £1,406 recorded today, 1st July 2021

Thats £1,050 drop in approx, 45 days.

uBzX5Hn.png

Don't waste your time to argue with them, I listed the price earlier but that guy was basically saying it's not sold by a authorized retail so it could be a mining card/ broken card/fake/ no warranty blablabla, insisted that I should only use unrealistic price from retailers, the price is so high that even miners won't even buy.

Then offered me some life advices and requested respect as an elder.

Grey market as in someone buying and selling them on? Or as in an outfit that builds the GPU from AMD's card?

Still smells fishy this does.

It's still utter rubbish and proves nothing. Again grey market no VAT on them no warranty and god knows where they came from if they even exist.

They are not in the retail market for them prices (what the end user pays) that's what really matters so again more rubbish.:rolleyes:

If the grey market goods get to retailers they will have real prices in the end for the customer, some retailers buy grey market goods and sell them at MSRP or higher in times of shortages. As they are grey market the warranty is with the retailer only then and the company making the goods will refuse warranty on them as they were sold to regions they were not meant to be sold in (grey market goods).

Also where is the proof the goods even exist ? Fantasy GPU market ? There must be some proof of these so called large batches.. Nowhere on the internet I can find any mention and only on the fantasy market and this forums thread.

Even AMD has refused to sell to the UK market on their shop their cpus and gpus, so they basically didn't think they could sell to the UK at MSRP and only recently cpus have got lower than MSRP from retailers, gpus are nowhere near msrp. Cpus have a huge profit margin on them for AMD and gpus are nowhere near the profit margins as they are more expensive to make due to more parts being purchased from other companies to build a graphics card.

Something based on reality here :-

GPU Pricing Index: Prices Dipped

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/gpu-pricing-index

Last edited:
Dont waste your time @Purgatory as mods can easily rope you into the banning activity with the trollers, I think anyone worth their salt will identify the fresh faced baiters and ignore their 'advice' or spin. Just put him on ignore save you some stress.
You make about 5x as many posts complaining about the anti-mining posts than there are actual anti-mining posts.

Massive chip on your shoulder about it ;) Why don't you just ignore them, or have we now flipped your switch into permanently triggered mode? :p

Don't waste your time to argue with them, I listed the price earlier but that guy was basically saying it's not sold by a authorized retail so it could be a mining card/ broken card/fake/ no warranty blablabla, insisted that I should only use unrealistic price from retailers, the price is so high that even miners won't even buy.

Then offered me some life advices and requested respect as an elder.

Classic..

TDioEyi.jpg

So if you listed the prices earlier on the other thread BUT you have no idea clearly where they are sold at so called made up prices .... so again what you said on the other thread was made up rubbish again with no proof they even existed at the prices you said.

This is why you want a hint where they are sold now LOL, because you have no idea or proof they even existed at the prices you mentioned too in the other thread :cry:.... So you are here basically trying to figure out where and probably read some rubbish elsewhere and thought you could find out on these forums that are full of made up rubbish recently because of people like you.

Dear god ... I have seen it all now... :rolleyes::cry:

Classic..

So if you listed the prices earlier on the other thread BUT you have no idea clearly where they are sold at so called made up prices .... so again what you said on the other thread was made up rubbish again with no proof they even existed at the prices you said.

This is why you want a hint where they are sold now LOL, because you have no idea or proof they even existed at the prices you mentioned too in the other thread :cry:.... So you are here basically trying to figure out where and probably read some rubbish elsewhere and thought you could find out on these forums that are full of made up rubbish recently because of people like you.

TLDR: Only I can rip you off, you know nothing.

Classic..

TDioEyi.jpg

Don't lose yourself, I placed a bid on the site already.

Just go bed, regular schedule will help your lifespan -- an advise from a guy you called 'kid'.

Also I have never seen an elder reacting so toxic in any community, perhaps you shall behave yourself, your attitude is not gonna make any good for your business.

Last edited:
You make about 5x as many posts complaining about the anti-mining posts than there are actual anti-mining posts.

Massive chip on your shoulder about it ;) Why don't you just ignore them, or have we now flipped your switch into permanently triggered mode? :p

Boring, how long you been waiting to quote me? ;) Kids in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :)

Standard **** post adding zero to the debate. :p :cool:

Seems to be a lot more drops with the consoles over the last couple of weeks. Just the summer lull punters spending money on different activities

Yeah its a good reminder. Although we like to think its only GPU's affected, it has been bad for the consoles too, which for @FoxEye benefit, you cant mine with. ;) #butbuttheminers

Last edited:
From monitoring Nvidia FE card drops, I can say it definitely feels like supply is much better. People are finding it easier to buy those cards. And some of the retail AIB card prices definitely seem lower.

A combination of LHR cards, increased availability and drops in ETH value seems to be slowly seeing a return to normal.. probably in time for RTX4000 series launch :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom