• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU panic selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yeah there's definitely no argument against those saying that prices are easing or availability is improving. There's just no sign of any sudden moves. No panic, nothing knee-jerk, no floods of stock.

I think this thread has ran its course really.

Caporegime
Boring, how long you been waiting to quote me? ;) Kids in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :)

Standard **** post adding zero to the debate. :p :cool:
A tad hypocritical coming from you. Your only "addition to the debate" is to constantly complain about people complaining about crypto :p

"Oh boo hoo hoo, people don't like crypto, but it's totally, like, the best thing ever, and everybody should get into it. Only idiots don't like crypto!" Etc, etc, ad infinitum.

Soldato
Yeah there's definitely no argument against those saying that prices are easing or availability is improving. There's just no sign of any sudden moves. No panic, nothing knee-jerk, no floods of stock.

I think this thread has ran its course really.

It depends on the definition of panic sell, before panic selling starts, you get a big correction and that's what the Grey market is saying.

The etailers will play mexican stand-off if this Grey market stock flood continues and then its a race to the bottom, someone has to blink first :D

Grey Market prices for new AMD Reference cards including vat, excluding shipping:

6700XT
30th May £707
2nd July £470

33.52% Decrease in approx. 32 Days

14th May £1133
2nd July £665

41.3% Decrease in approx. 47 Days

6900XT
29th May £1377
2nd July £982
28.6% Decrease in approx 33 days.

Therefore by the end of this month, we should see some panic selling because the Grey Market price will have equalised with the RRP.

Soldato
grey market looks a bit dodgy to me, no warranty is asking for trouble as seems to be a lot of faulty cards around this gen

That might well be the case but it seems half of the forum are running around with scalped cards from the grey market, its the in vogue thing to do in 2021 i.e. Drunk buying a Strix 6700XT for £1,100 :D

Associate
That might well be the case but it seems half of the forum are running around with scalped cards from the grey market, its the in vogue thing to do in 2021 i.e. Drunk buying a Strix 6700XT for £1,100 :D

but better drunk buying an RTX3070 for £900 or RTX3080 for £1200 for MOAAAR performance

Associate
As selfish as this sounds, my main concern going forward is when I eventually upgrade, how do I sell my old card. I usually do an upgrade near Christmas or Jan when there's good deals, then used to sell my old card on ebay. With all the ebay stories, then the potential that people may think you mined on the card it makes selling a bit trickier. I'm not against mining, but I do think it has had a knock-on effect on those that just like to upgrade and sell without worry

Soldato
As selfish as this sounds, my main concern going forward is when I eventually upgrade, how do I sell my old card. I usually do an upgrade near Christmas or Jan when there's good deals, then used to sell my old card on ebay. With all the ebay stories, then the potential that people may think you mined on the card it makes selling a bit trickier. I'm not against mining, but I do think it has had a knock-on effect on those that just like to upgrade and sell without worry

Want hassle free, sell to CEX and yes you will get less for it but no headaches after or any surprises from buyers playing it broke or something else. Once CEX buys it and pay you it is basically their problem from there on and they give the new owner a two year warranty when they sell it.

Associate

Only 500+ more posts and you can sell it in Members Market no ???

Associate

Gumtree/Shpock are pretty decent for selling. I've sold a few GPU's through those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom