• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices go boom

Don't let little things like FACTS get in the way of a good argument/discussion. :)

It doesn't make what Panos said wrong though. Nvidia are using adaptive sync on their laptops. Adaptive sync is just the name given to the eDP VRR spec brought to desktop monitors.

We won't know until it happens. TT are just after some ad hits by just giving us a price based purely on opinion/guesswork.

This ^

My guess is the GTX 2080 or whatever NVidia call the card will be around £600 at launch.

NVidia won't be charging massive prices for next gen gaming cards as in the long term (after the mining craze slumps) they won't sell.

The Titan V which is a next gen card has not exactly sold that well to gamers, there are not exactly a lot of people on this forum who were silly enough to buy one for gaming.

Hopefully the rumours regarding a separate line of gpu's based on the Turing architecture will be released specifically for mining; with Ampere Geforce cards gimped at a hardware level to be useless for mining but great for gaming.

Optimistic ain't I?

If Nvidia can secure wafer yields and ddr then surely that's the best of both worlds from their point of view; keep the gamers happy whilst riding the cash cow of crypto miners?

People are throwing around silly money for gpus. I agree I think it will still sell really well. I can only do my bit by not buying.

Back
Top Bottom