• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices go boom

First time for ages that I've looked at this forum.... shocked to see that my current graphics card is currently being sold at almost +50% over what I paid for it some 12 months ago! The worlds gone MAD:eek:
May not last however. People should think carefully about what they're paying for used cards. Crypto is currently in a downtrend and many may give up mining in the near term. There was hardly much profit to make a fuss about before he recent drops. Given how many have flooded into mining, the effects on used prices could be quite drastic if cards start hitting the market en mass.

May not last however. People should think carefully about what they're paying for used cards. Crypto is currently in a downtrend and many may give up mining in the near term. There was hardly much profit to make a fuss about before he recent drops. Given how many have flooded into mining, the effects on used prices could be quite drastic if cards start hitting the market en mass.
Indeed.

Wont bother me though. As I only tend to change my card every couple of years. Probably be loads of what are classed currently as "high end" graphics cards knocking about 2nd hand at reasonable prices. TBC

Certainly would not fancy having to be in the position of wanting to buy a new card at the moment!

One potential problem with the high end cards potentially coming onto the market as I have found out is the cards can be knackered due to extensive use of mining . Bought a used rx 470 and it was terrible

Card doesn't work properly. Runs very hot, doesn't like going under full load and most of the time it crashes my system

That is bonkers, on that basis I should be able to get £600 for each of mine. :)

Just dropped it to £299, b-grade prices is put online at original RRP's until I drop the prices and I do that probably once a month as B grade stock is not on my priority list and never shall be. :)

The first rumbles of panic are starting to murmur through the MM. :p

I wouldn't go buying used GPUs right now, as it's all just about to flip on it's head. Bitcoin price has dropped a grand and a half since I dumped my stash last week. :eek:

The first rumbles of panic are starting to murmur through the MM. :p

I wouldn't go buying used GPUs right now, as it's all just about to flip on it's head. Bitcoin price has dropped a grand and a half since I dumped my stash last week. :eek:

Thought it was fishy that 3 rigs have gone up today. Still think it's cheeky asking what you've paid for hardware that's been mined on. It's not for me anyway. :)

Back
Top Bottom