Gran Torino

Soldato
Watched this last night. Great film but odd I thought. Trailer gives the impression of a kick-ass action film but it is more subdued and funny for a long time but then gets emotional towards the end. I didn't think the directing was that great...hence not quite looking "smooth". Not expecting that ending though!

Soldato
A combination of shocking acting by the Chinese ,who aren't very convincing, and poor direction let this down a lot. Clint's character is great though and it's worth watching for him.

Soldato
A combination of shocking acting by the Chinese ,who aren't very convincing, and poor direction let this down a lot. Clint's character is great though and it's worth watching for him.

He always has just 1 facial expression: the angry scowling frowning squinting one - reminds me of that photomontage of Steven Seagall with the same facial expressions but different emotion titles.

Soldato
Watched this the night before last - thought it was a brilliant movie, not exactly PC correct but then I dont mind that :p

Outstanding acting and directing from Clint, and a brilliant story line that had me hooked from the start. His car was cool, his characters interaction with his new neighbours given his past experiences with foreigners all developed into an excellent movie with a unseen twist at the end, no spoilers from me ;)

This is one movie I'd thoroughly recomend :D

Soldato
I watched it last night......it's brilliant - and also a film that you just don't want to discuss after seeing it, so it seems! Quite a rollercoaster....

"We used to stack ***** like you 5 feet high, use you for sandbags" :D

Yea, so non-PC but just perfect in it's execution of it that it doesn't come across cringingly - just as a sign of his past times and upbringing. Did anyone else want to deck the white guy she was walking back with? "Sup bro?" ......... -sighs-

I loved the scene in the construction office too. Hillarious :D

May be my film of the year already!

Associate
He always has just 1 facial expression: the angry scowling frowning squinting one - reminds me of that photomontage of Steven Seagall with the same facial expressions but different emotion titles.

This one?

Yeah, was a great movie. I really liked the part with his imaginary gun. :D

Soldato
Looks terrible. Some old man fantasy about setting the world to rights.

When he confronts that gang in the trailer, he'd be dead in real life if he did that.

Back
Top Bottom