Gran Turismo 6

Caporegime
I can safely say GT has never been the same since the original and GT2, everything else after that has been crap in comparison.

in fact GT2 was just insanely good.

escudo pikes peak version or whatever it was just destroyed everything

Soldato
I can safely say GT has never been the same since the original and GT2, everything else after that has been crap in comparison.

in fact GT2 was just insanely good.

escudo pikes peak version or whatever it was just destroyed everything

So you think that game was the best because the Escudo could win everything easily?

I personally think GT4 was the best of the series, GT5 has improvements in some areas and regressions in others.

I really hope GT6 is PS4, it really needs all the processing power it can get its hands on!

Man of Honour
Only games I've played in the series are GT5 (which I own, and think is fantastic) and the original GT on a friend's Playstation, which left me a bit non-plussed.

GT5 definitely has some flaws, such as the fact I've reached a bit of an impasse in my career. Won all the A-spec events except for Endurance where I've won two events but got bored, Licenses some of the events I found really frustrating so just have a mix of medals and no real motivation to push for golds. Some races also seem randomly hard unless you have the right vehicle (not necessary a bad thing but it can be quite awkward having to try a range of different cars with the same PP rating - often meaning you need to mess about installing/uninstalling upgrades - and finding one is magically better than others). HOWEVER, I can't be too critical because I've got a lot of hours out of it, more than pretty much any racing game, and when I dip back into it every few months there's always some new events come online.

With PS4 launching this year to be honest I was only thinking/expecting the other day GT6 to be a PS4 title, in fact you'd think Sony would be urging them down that route, as it is a killer app, if you could only get it on PS4 I'm sure that would encourage people to buy one. I guess maybe they are/were too far down the line in development.

Soldato
What Gran Turismo 6 needs to fix in order to compete with Next-Gen racers like Driveclub

1. Improved environments and details. Flat tree surfaces and crowd textures aren’t fooling anyone.

2. Ditch the cheap car models without interiors and make all cars premium.

3. Work out a licensing deal which enables Polyphony to properly demolish a car Burnout-style. Real-time deformation damage modeling and broken glass, scratches and dirt.

( And with that, we need Tanks. Tanks against go-carts. Who’s with me?)

4. Model the undercarriage in 3d for all cars instead of showing a flat texture.

5. GT5 has 31 tracks, GT6 needs at least 50. How about some less known exotic tracks from around the globe?

6. Should be able to save mid-race, specially for long endurance races.

7. Ability to rewind a race after you crash, in certain races.

8. Better customization like mods, decals and paint-jobs. Ability to customize every part of your exterior in a tuning shops as well as customize interior such as custom seat-belts steering wheels, gauges, colors, lights etc.

9. Make the pit crew part of the carrier mode so you can upgrade members and speed up tire changes etc.

10. Night racing (Day/Night) and weather effects should be available for all tracks.

11. Complete A.I overhaul. Remove bumper cars and add more aggressive A.I drivers.

12. A proper Weather Center so you can accurately choose tires depending on weather.

13. Fix the jarring jagged shadows and anti-aliasing problems.

14. How about having an instructor with you in the car when you take your license test so you actually learn the tracks.

15. More performance tuning options.

16. Open world tracks where you can free roam.

17. An in-depth Track Editor.

18. Live commentator like you have in many other sport franchises.

19. Auction house. Buy and sell rare cars and parts for real currency with other players online like Diablo III.

20. Rally cars, events and series!

21. And while you’re at it, bikes and drag races!

22. More cars from North America and Europe.

23. Personalized online racing league system where you can invite your friends and race.

24. Allow me to modify and add nitrous turbo for all cars in certain races.

25. More events and challenges that unlock cars instead of just purchasing them.

green = agree
red = disagree
yellow = don't care

Soldato
Please remove the God awful ****ing penalizing systems ie the loss of acceleration if you touch another car or cut a corner, there is no realism in that!:rolleyes::mad:

Caporegime
when i watch them racing on the top gear test track, aren't the fastest times when the guys cut the corners?

imo you should be allowed to do whatever you wan't.

they just either need to add damage in, even then i prefer an option to turn damage off, but i am a dirty driver, i will ram you and use you as a brake in order to beat you. it's all part of the fun.

we need a proper demolition derby tbh.

Caporegime
when i watch them racing on the top gear test track, aren't the fastest times when the guys cut the corners?

imo you should be allowed to do whatever you wan't.

they just either need to add damage in, even then i prefer an option to turn damage off, but i am a dirty driver, i will ram you and use you as a brake in order to beat you. it's all part of the fun.

we need a proper demolition derby tbh.

Thats top gear not a proper race.

in some series you can be penalised for using to much kerb because they aren't counted as part of the race track.

In Formula one 2 wheels must be on the track at all which is indicating by the white lines (obviously if you lose time leaving the track it's fine but finding time by cutting corners or using 4 wheels on the kerb to get a better line around a corner is not.)

although for some corners it's allowed for safety reasons

Caporegime
they should add in options

penalties on or off - you decide

damage on or off - you decide

after all fifa has options to turn on legacy defending, hand balls, etc. so there should be options in driving games too, not everyone likes to play "a game" like the boring way they do in real life.

my mate used to use proper corner angles and stuff, i used to just throw myself into corners and brake late, the tyres would squeal as i skidded around and then floored it wheelspinning out the corner. my style is fun, his is boring.

Associate
Without trying to sound like a troll but can they give us proper damage? They say they are but it always falls short.
It is extremely difficult to do proper damage. But Kaz once said that they wouldn't do it until they could do it properly, and look what happened. The guy is full of contradictions. If we really are getting a GT6 soon, they've had a change of strategy, keeping their mouth shut until they're ready to deliver, rather than years of random promises. I hope this is the case.

Back
Top Bottom