Gran Turismo 6

Associate
Depends what you found tedious. If it was the loading and slow UI, it sounds like they've got that covered. If it was the uninspiring career mode, then we'll have to wait and see - they haven't talked about it yet.

Associate
Somewhat unfair.

In the presentation today Kaz explained that they have reworked the graphics engine and physics engine. No small undertaking. He specifically mentioned a new suspension model and a new tyre model. Undeniably the most important part of a sim.

Caporegime
Think they lost any investment that long term GT fans had with the series with GT5 - I think like most Ill wait til the game is out, dont trust trailers, wont trust demos and wont trust Prologues.

PD just dont deserve any slack, they impressed me how well they sat on their laurels and produced a game so far from any fans expectations. The best service I can do is to ignore that GT5 existed when this game comes out...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Lets hope they have made significant improvements. The cars were lifeless in my opinion, their handling was very poor, the sense of speed was non existent, terrible loading times. Overall I found GT5 boring, and at times very tedious. I know its supposed to be a 'sim' but where was the fun factor. Its a game at the end of the day.

Soldato
Is there actually going to be a physical damage model on all cars this time?

WHen gt5 came out it already felt behind the competition in some aspects, it felt like they were set in there ways a bit too much and could just release a game that wasnt much different than gt4

Saying that its the highest selling ps3 game so i wonder if they will see that as everyone loved it, do more of the same

Time will tell

Soldato
So we aren't expecting any delays ;)?

I'm not sure they can afford any. Christmas will be a prime time for them, and the focus will very much be on the PS4 as we go into next year so they'll want to get it out sooner rather than later.

GT5 is the only game in the series I haven't bought, it just seemed very underwhelming and the inclusion of all those car models from the PSP and PS2 versions of GT games really disappointed me. It'd be great if they could go back and improve the quality of those for GT6. GT has always been about the sheer variety of cars (even if many of them are just different versions of the same model) but I think most people would rather have a couple of good looking Skylines than 23 low-poly ones.

Soldato
I'm not sure they can afford any. Christmas will be a prime time for them, and the focus will very much be on the PS4 as we go into next year so they'll want to get it out sooner rather than later.

GT5 is the only game in the series I haven't bought, it just seemed very underwhelming and the inclusion of all those car models from the PSP and PS2 versions of GT games really disappointed me. It'd be great if they could go back and improve the quality of those for GT6. GT has always been about the sheer variety of cars (even if many of them are just different versions of the same model) but I think most people would rather have a couple of good looking Skylines than 23 low-poly ones.

So you'd have preferred that they hadn't included the non-premium cars?

They're not sitting on their backsides doing nothing.

GT5 wasn't as disappointing as everyone in this thread seems to make out, I still regularly go back and play it. Just needs some of the tracks from GT4 to be included again.

Soldato
Please can this be for the PS4, i don't see any point it being on the PS3, would prefer it to be a game i will definitely buy on my next console, and with some much needed improvement of graphics.

Caporegime
I've got a feeling it will turn up on the PS4 in due time, they'll make sure the assets are good enough for it and it sounds like they are overhauling the engine somewhat...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
They could stick it on PS4 and tidy it up, but it wouldn't be taking full advantage of the system. It would be like these HD Collections from the PS2 now running on PS3. A great improvement, but still clearly from a previous generation.

I would rather they made GT6 the PS3 game GT5 was always meant to be (as they have done with GT2 and GT4) and then work on a ground-up PS4 title. I believe that would be called GT7.

Man of Honour
If you’re eager to give Gran Turismo 6‘s new driving physics a try for yourself, you won’t have long to wait: the official PlayStation UK site has confirmed a demo of the game will be available to download on the PlayStation Store in July 2013.

The demo will also be used to host GT Academy 2013, which was also announced at yesterday’s “15 Years of Gran Turismo” event.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-demo-coming-july-2013/

Soldato
Probably already mentioned, but please get rid of B-Spec. Before the Yahoo grinder widget thing came out, I really had no idea how anyone could tolerate sitting through that.

Need a rehash of the main menu.

Need better prizes for the endurance races, they were barely worth doing in GT5.

Bring back Test Course, or some kind of performance testing track for messing about on.

Better garage sorting system.

Caporegime
The test track was released as DLC, bit of a joke if you ask me, I just used the stupidly long track for testing top speed instead, think it was SS Route 11.

Back
Top Bottom