Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
I had literally just got bumped up to 'B' and it put me in your lobby. I didn't realise on the first race until you left and thought that's a weird tag looks a lot like the guy off OcUK and then it paired me up with you again! You were brave trying the 4c out on that track with that back straight!

I'm not surprised you're broke either, before I did any races I thought I'd check the leader board to see if you had improved your time which you had in the Aston, thought I'd try it out until I saw the 800k price... I nope'd out of that and got the 650s GT3 instead lol. The Macca is on rails, it handles LOADS better than the RCZ in my opinion I just can't get any pace out of it. Is the Corvette the one you win? The Yellow one?

Did you see why I got the 6 second penalty? I think I should have got one but 6 seconds was harsh. The guy ahead of me had just served a penalty so I was coming in miles quicker than him and rather than taking me back on the switchback he just turned in a bit early so I tapped him but that then knocked me into someone else from what I could tell that just seemed to massively overshoot the corner and was just steaming back on to the track. I can only assume it was 6 seconds as I "tapped" two cars and gained two places but I don't think I pushed anyone off or made anyone spin? I should have saved the replay.

Yeah i noticed you after the first race, i think you ended on the podium :) I was testing the 4C but i didn't have any good laps in the race in it.

I've been on a spending spree with the Gr3 cars, lol

I've got these so far:- Supra GT500 '97, DBR9 GT1 '10, M3 GT '11, Nismo GT-R, 458, Huracan, R8 LMS Evo (reward car), Rx-Vision (x2 pre-order + won on roulette..), Corvette (reward car), F-Type, 4C

You got stitched up with that penalty, i was right behind you into the 1st corner, having a good battle with the Evo.

--------------------------
After todays update the final Cup pays out 100k a race (without clean bonus and cup bonus), so i should be picking up the Mclaren & Porsche Gr3's soon, they are both very nice to drive (had both on loan from the Manufacturers Cup).

The 8x 1hr endurance races only pay 500k for 1st... but there are 2 more reward cars to get for bronze and gold, so worth doing once at least.

Edit: The single player races vary the ones i checked are WTC800 around 150k but up to 485k, WTC700 about 115k, Gr3 100k+, same for Ferrari challenge.

Circuit experience vary 800k-1mill for all gold + around 200k for all bronze, i'll start doing these now

Last edited:
Soldato

Yeah, P3 but it was a lonely race. I was never getting close to the top 2 and the rest were a decent gap behind. Is the Supra the TOMs car? That is another car that handles surprisingly well. It has some grunt to it too! I knew you and the other were behind me at first I thought I must've caused some sort of pile-up. It was embarrassing though I said hi then go get myself nuked with a penalty haha! I was actually thinking I might slow down to try and help you pass the guy you were battling but thought better not as I'd probably mess it up.

The patch notes say its up to 1.2 mil for the endurance races? or is that including the value of the cars.

Soldato
Yeah, P3 but it was a lonely race. I was never getting close to the top 2 and the rest were a decent gap behind. Is the Supra the TOMs car? That is another car that handles surprisingly well. It has some grunt to it too! I knew you and the other were behind me at first I thought I must've caused some sort of pile-up. It was embarrassing though I said hi then go get myself nuked with a penalty haha! I was actually thinking I might slow down to try and help you pass the guy you were battling but thought better not as I'd probably mess it up.

The patch notes say its up to 1.2 mil for the endurance races? or is that including the value of the cars.

haha, nah i had a really fun race with that Evo, again in the next race, but beat him that time :)

The Tom's Supra has a good stock tune, handles great. Don't bother with the Gr3 458/Huracan/R8 LMS Evo (unless you get it as a reward) - the BOP tunes are terrible, they all try to randomly kill you out of corners unless you have light throttle all the way through (like an MR car IRL), too much concentration required for online races. The R8 is the worst for this. The M3 handles fine but is slow, not worth the 600k. The DBR9 is nice to drive, but not worth almost double all of the others. The 4C is nice to drive, but takes practice. It takes awhile to get on boost out of slow corners.

The endurances just show 500k for first - the mission set is called 'The Human Comedy' though!

Soldato
The standout money maker races, without clean race bonus:-

Lemans - 8 laps - World Touring Car 700 - 550k
Sardegna - 15 laps - World Touring Car 800 - 485k
Tokyo Expressway - 12 laps - World Tour Car 600 - 550k

All the others appear to be 100-200k at most

Soldato
Don't bother with the Gr3 458/Huracan/R8 LMS Evo (unless you get it as a reward) - the BOP tunes are terrible, they all try to randomly kill you out of corners unless you have light throttle all the way through (like an MR car IRL), too much concentration required for online races. The R8 is the worst for this. The M3 handles fine but is slow, not worth the 600k. The DBR9 is nice to drive, but not worth almost double all of the others. The 4C is nice to drive, but takes practice. It takes awhile to get on boost out of slow corners.

The Renault race car that isn't the Megane, I think it's the Gr3 RS something is like that too. On Deep Forest that final corner you have to know exactly what you are doing and get it right or it just wants to swap around on you. It's really quick but not very stable.

Soldato
The Renault race car that isn't the Megane, I think it's the Gr3 RS something is like that too. On Deep Forest that final corner you have to know exactly what you are doing and get it right or it just wants to swap around on you. It's really quick but not very stable.

That sounds similar to the other Gr3 MR cars i've used except for the 4C.

I'm interested to see what the Ford GT Gr3's are like at 1.2million and 1.6 million, It would be annoying if the BOP tune is bad after paying those prices! Maybe after i have all the others, haha.

Soldato
I like how the R8 drives but it is lagging behind now in race B. I might grind some funds today after this update. What would you say is the best Gr3 car for this week? From the above are you saying the Supra GT500? I see it quite a lot near or at the front. Worth a punt?

Soldato
What do you currently use?

IMO the 650S GT3 is the easiest to drive of the one's I've used. It has the potential to be fast too, I've just not worked out how to drive it yet to unlock that pace. I think it needs a lot of faith in it gripping so you aren't on the brakes as much. The RCZ despite feeling asthmatic is quick and handles well but the line between grip and sliding is pretty small but if you can ride it well you'll get some good times. I think I'm a low 1:28 on the current Daily B and could maybe sneak into 1:27 if I didn't drive like a potato.

Spaceman will probably have the best insight as he's been living like a high roller in Brand Central by the sounds of it.

Soldato
Out of the cars Gr3 cars i've used so far on Race B, the Jag or Corvette (reward car missions or licences) are the easiest to get fast times. I've done my fastest time with the GT-R, but i think i can get into the 1:27's with the other two (on controller). I think i'll just use the Jag from now on as i'm 1mph faster than the other two between the hairpin and start line.

I don't own the Mclaren but won a Manufacturers race at Suzuka in it, i will be buying one soon.

------------------
Just did the new WTC700 race at Lemans in the Gr3 M3 '11, lowered power and downforce to get it to 700pp. It's a 30 minute race (7 laps) for 825k for a clean race win.

It rains on lap 3 & lap 4 (i had no problem with my RH tyres), most of the other cars pit twice (lap 3 & 6).

I played around with my fuel map when slip streaming etc.. to pit at the end of Lap 4 (full fuel and new RH tyres) and ran the last 3 laps at mostly full power for the win.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice, I could cope with 12 laps of Tokyo Express in my Nissan.

Yeah, these are good races for a good amount of credits. You just have to be extra careful around the other cars, so you don't knock one and lose the 275k clean race bonus!

EDIT: I did Lemans again and hit the back of a car that braked too much and got a penalty for it, still got the 275k clean race bonus :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Circuit experience vary 800k-1mill for all gold + around 200k for all bronze, i'll start doing these now

Nice to see these updated as some are a really challenge to get gold.

Though good new for me, and anyone else that had done a lot of them pre the announcement of this patch, apparently if you go in to circuit experience and exit back out. You will receive the increased reward money which as I've done all of the America's and Europe tracks (except the Nord) and half of Japan this patch should be a fantastic payday for me :D

Soldato
What do you currently use?

IMO the 650S GT3 is the easiest to drive of the one's I've used. It has the potential to be fast too, I've just not worked out how to drive it yet to unlock that pace. I think it needs a lot of faith in it gripping so you aren't on the brakes as much. The RCZ despite feeling asthmatic is quick and handles well but the line between grip and sliding is pretty small but if you can ride it well you'll get some good times. I think I'm a low 1:28 on the current Daily B and could maybe sneak into 1:27 if I didn't drive like a potato.

Spaceman will probably have the best insight as he's been living like a high roller in Brand Central by the sounds of it.
The R8 LMS at the moment. Cheers I’ll check out some of the cars mentioned by you and @spaceman to see what I have/need.

Soldato
EDIT: I did Lemans again and hit the back of a car that braked too much and got a penalty for it, still got the 275k clean race bonus :)

The clean race bonus is weird, I'm positive in doing the Trial Mountain grind that I've lost it a few times based on how I've either hit or maybe cut a corner.

Back
Top Bottom