Gran Turismo "Sport"

Don
The game must be selling so badly to be this cheap already. Did they even announce that they were even adding a campaign mode until like week before the patch?

Gran Turismo Sport is the UK's number one game, with almost three times as many physical launch week sales as racing game rival Forza 7 managed.

it can't be doing that bad, strange how cheap it is though.

Soldato
Their loss, now that the update will include a new offline mode :D

Well I just picked the game up, then found out after I'd paid for the game about the new offline modes and I was like - Sweet..!!!! So I'm glad I waited. But yeah, hopefully some of those who gave up come back and give the new offline content a try.

I also think the online for this game is pretty decent, the racing is cleaner then many other racing games. Even the arcade AI are fairly decent, I honestly did write this game off months back, and I'm a huge GT fan, but I'm actually happy to be proved wrong, the game is good, and the newer updates can only improve what is already solid as a base.

Associate
it can't be doing that bad, strange how cheap it is though.
Yeah it is strange, Ive put almost 40 hours into it now, so dont regret paying £45 for it (most of that was the offline content!)

I can only think they're making up the price with the increase in PS+ membership subscriptions required for online play

Really looking forward to the offline championships, especially the endurance ones.

It would be nice if they had some sort of strategy advice for the endurance races, such as a 5 lap practice, choose your tyres, then it works out fuel usage and optimal strategy

Caporegime
Even if the races don't come back we can always have a weekly time trial tournament. It was sadly always going to be a struggle to get a regular league going with the real life commitments we all have. At least with a time trial we can all play when it's convenient.

Soldato
Even if the races don't come back we can always have a weekly time trial tournament. It was sadly always going to be a struggle to get a regular league going with the real life commitments we all have. At least with a time trial we can all play when it's convenient.

Thats always been the issue for me, I can find the time to game, but I cannot always find the time to game when others are ready, that is why I tend to find hotlapping or games that have scores to be a good way to pass some time and compete - but I can do so when I'm free, and its always fun to log in and see if anyone has topped you or try and top the better times etc..

Associate
Well I couldn't resist...picked up a G29 on the way home from work...and got a play seat coming on Monday. Until then a chair and ironing board will have to do...It will be interesting to see the difference it makes!

Associate
Well I couldn't resist...picked up a G29 on the way home from work...and got a play seat coming on Monday. Until then a chair and ironing board will have to do...It will be interesting to see the difference it makes!
You won't regret it buddy! Which plays seat have you gone for?

Have just picked up Gran Turismo Sport, so feel free to add me ladies and gents :)

Associate
You won't regret it buddy! Which plays seat have you gone for?

Have just picked up Gran Turismo Sport, so feel free to add me ladies and gents :)

Only option was the challenge as I don't have the room - but after sitting on a wooden chair with wheel on an ironing board last night I can't wait!!!

Initial impressions so far are ok, but I need a bit more time to re-adjust from the pad and maybe tweak the settings and get settled in the play seat when it arrives. I was practicing on dragon trail using gr.4 car and that last quick chicane seems a lot harder with the steering wheel.

What settings are people using with the G29?

Associate
I have always played GT with a pad in the past but wheel for PC based sims since Nascar 2003 days.

I completed all the single player content with GT Sport on pad but wanted to try and find some more pace for online so tried my wheel (T500).

Found it difficult to adjust at first but ended up managing to go over a second quicker around Brands Hatch GP than I could ever manage with pad. I didn't change any settings apart from completely getting rid of assists as my confidence grew.

Soldato
Well just done some of the driving school lessons and challenges.

Then went straight into online races, first one qualified second finished second, then qualified first finished first :p

Time to sell the game? Jk

Associate
I'm tempted to take advantage of the glitch to get quick money and XP but going to resist.

The slog is only going to get harder now I'm up to level 31 but hoping new single player content will help and also enjoying doing some endurance races in Gr.4 car against Gr.3 opponents that earns reasonable rewards.

Anyone else similarly tempted? How strong is your resolve?! Any suggestions for fun custom races or legitimate method to earn XP and money???

Don
GT Sport v1.06 Official Changelog
  • New Cars
    • The following 3 cars have been added.
      • IsoRivolta Zagato Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
      • Audi R18 (Audi Sport Team Joest)(Gr.1)
      • Shelby Cobra 427 (N500)
  • Physics Simulation Model
    • A part of the physics simulation model was improved, especially improving controllability of stock commercial models which exhibit less grip on the road.
    • Control management of the ‘standard’ ABS settings was improved, raising drivability under braking conditions.
    • Control management of rear wheel drive cars with TCS settings set higher than ‘2’ was improved, raising stability at corner exits.
  • Campaign Mode
    • It is now possible to play the campaign mode while offline.
    • In line with the improvements in the physics simulation model, the difficulty level of the Driving School and Mission Challenge were adjusted.
    • In line with the adjustment of the difficulty levels, the ranking boards of the Driving School, Mission Challenge, and Circuit Experience were reset. (*There is no effect to game progress and the Gold/Silver/Bronze status of players from before the ranking reset)
  • Livery Editor
    • It is now possible to use the Livery Editor while offline.
    • It is now possible to create and edit Liveries of cars without having to set the car to be edited as the currently selected car.
    • It is now possible to apply car liveries to cars loaned in the Manufacturer’s Series. (*It is now possible to enter races in the Manufacturer’s Series with custom car liveries applied.)
  • Museum
    • A Museum has been added to Bugatti in Brand Central.
  • Race Screen
    • There is now a warning indicator when the remaining fuel becomes low.
  • Sound
    • It is now possible to adjust the balance of sound effects during game play. The adjustment can be made in[Options] -> [Sound Volume].
  • Scapes
    • It is now possible to play with the Scapes feature while offline.
    • “Autumn Leaves” has been added to the featured collection.
      In line with this, a few new Photo Spots have been added.
  • Sports Mode
    • It is now possible to download and playback the replays of top ranking drivers in the Daily Race Qualifying Time Attack Rankings.
    • An antenna display now indicates the connection status/quality in the member lists.
    • The judgement algorithm of the Sportsmanship Rating (SR) has been improved. In the screen indications, it is also now possible to see the reductions in the SR of not only yourself but of other drivers involved in a contact incident with your car.
  • Sports Mode / Lobby
    • It is now possible to select a preset chat text when entering text chat.
    • You can now set an automatic greetings message for when you enter a lobby. The settings for this greetings text can be performed in [My Menu] -> [Profile Settings]. (*Up to 40characters)
  • Various other problems and stability issues have been improved.
More To Come…
Beyond today’s hefty update, players have another one to look forward to sometime in December. The upcoming 1.07 update will see the addition of the highly anticipated “GT League” mode and 12 new cars for the game. Based on the “GT Mode” found in previous titles, “GT League” will bring a number of familiar race series and events to Sport.

As always, head over to our Gran Turismo Sport forum for more analysis and discussion of the latest update!

Featured image by PSN user KillaTofuu.

Back
Top Bottom