*** Grand Theft Auto IV - MODS & TWEAKS ***

Tony have you managed to get crossfire working yet? I wanna give your ENB a go looks nice, but i cant play 1440p with one 7950, it will be like a flick book :)

Thanks bud, you're a star :)

Downloading just the 8gb all in one and the roads (gtxd only) for now. Have also downloaded the SparkIV prog. Do I need this for these two? Never used it before, are there any instructions?

You need SparkIV for various texture replacements, normally with roadsigns, realshops and some car mods. You wont actually need it for the all in one pack or road re-textures.

Tony have you managed to get crossfire working yet? I wanna give your ENB a go looks nice, but i cant play 1440p with one 7950, it will be like a flick book :)

The only time I got crossfire working, 90% on each card, was with Icenhancer 3.0. The reason for that I have no idea...with the preset I'm running now, average frames seems to be around 45fps which isn't to bad actually. Although not were we want it, it's more than acceptable for the amount of mods im using and with a 7950.

Gta4 is mostly CPU bound. Running SLI 780ti I can get anything from 120fps to 28fps when running with an enb. The extreme dips are annoying and seemingly random. We all know it was a bad pc port so it's old news.

Yeah idd my cores are normally hovering around 30-40% and the graphics cards are on around 90%.

THe dips are very annoying wunkly, i found its mainly down to shadows, but i use vsync to stop it jumping from 100fps to 50 fps, instead it just goes from 60-50 and looks a lot smoother.

Actually aye, I think 'CPU bound' may be totally the wrong term? It doesn't use anywhere near enough of the CPU power available to it on my rig. A thoroughly **** port, is probably the best description.

My 780 is all over the place, from 50% to 90% and back again within seconds all the time.

With a 2550K @ 4.6Ghz which sits at less than 50% usage per core.

Port is just ****** awful and the biggest reason I have doubts about GTA V PC.

Interestingly with icenhancer 3.0 the GPU was stuck at 99% usage though I noticed no change in frame rate. Still dipped into the 30s at times.

Downloading Lord Neophyte's textures now from Yandex Disk. They should be done in the morning.

Hopefully nexusmods.com will be used for GTA V as doing everything through that website and program makes modding so much easier.

Lords all in one is a brilliant pack. Add that with the DKT70's road textures Disco.

My roads look amazing, as sad as at sounds!

Managed to delete an old save game so I don't have to restart!

Well the download failed so I am now using the torrent, 2 seeders and no peers means I am maxing out my 500KB/s connection.

I have found that if you are quick you can get rid of your saved car and save again before the fatal crash occurs.

Well the download failed so I am now using the torrent, 2 seeders and no peers means I am maxing out my 500KB/s connection.

I have found that if you are quick you can get rid of your saved car and save again before the fatal crash occurs.

Yeah I booted up a save game I made earlier, went out side moved my F12 and resaved, then went into Documents and deleted my Old save game.

Bingo - I actually like the base cars now. Having a car spawner helps. Instant SultanRS

I like messing around with the car colours and other optionals in simple native trainer. Bright pink taxi anyone?

Also loving playing it in real time with real weather. Transitions are a little wonky but for the most part the weather doesn't change much around here - it's just cloudy.

Torrent was successful and I seeded for a several hours and uploaded a whole 12MB. Gonna take some comparison shots between high vanilla and neophyte's.

Wasn't sure where else to post this as it's not interesting enough for its own thread. Back in whenever it was, Game did a draw if you pre-ordered GTA IV to win a limited edition rewards card, there were only 100. I won one despite cancelling my pre-order, they scrapped the reward scheme now but found it when clearing out some old stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom