*** Grand Theft Auto IV - MODS & TWEAKS ***

I'm confused, this is the GTAIV Mods thread and you DiscoP modded a Renault Espace!

God man - seek help, soon! lol

:D

I went to see Dr. Slipknot and he said that all hope is gone.

Come to think of it I don't think he was wearing a surgical mask and I'm not even sure he is a doctor.

Camera can be controlled by the mouse or the right thumbstick so use that to place the camera where you want.

Speaking of camera position, does anyone find that the in car shooting reticule is messed up in modded cars? It points at nico rather than outside the vehicle. Will post a screenie when I get a chance.

Just been playing with mine all weekend, decided to drop Icenhancer 2.1/3.0 as the horrible washed out yellowish hue was doing my head in. Found a nice clean natrual look and modded the .ini files to suit my needs, really happy with how it's looking now.

15743864624_b171040d8d_b.jpg

16355707032_1f226bc731_b.jpg

15744667403_49a431562d_b.jpg

16177258150_9c0026e561_b.jpg

15742194574_9769d879bb_b.jpg

16177257400_3be830bbe6_b.jpg

16177015448_47f67c0884_b.jpg

Tony turbo!!! This I like. I too have resurrected modding gta4 recently and tried and ditched icenhancer 3 and 2.1. I've ended up using 'simple and realistic 0.79' enb, a light sweetfx tweak, tweaked the settings a bit further, but still not totally happy.

Please could you share what enb you're using, and what specific ini tweaks, fx file tweaks you've made / anything else, as your screens are really really nice :)

Does anyone get this issue with modded cars? The aiming reticle is stuck on the car so I have no idea where I am actually aiming.
(click images for big versions)
WFUfoPbl.jpg
0co6XOtl.jpg
gIUndKql.jpg

Whereas in an unmodded car the reticle is above the roof allowing easy views of easy kills.
4EagNsPl.jpg

I kept getting the taxi bug last night so reset my cars to basic.

Forgot I left my F12 outside the safehouse in Broker, getting the "Fatal Error" warning now, so going to have to start all over again, was only 6% in but still a pain.

Hey Tony. Any joy with sharing your enb files and settings with us? Would love to try it out....

yeah of course.

use this one http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/simple-enb-for-natural-and-realistic-lighting-f20765

then get my edited L3vo files here and paste them into your GTA IV folder overwritting when prompted. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eo1jz8r90j5pq7a/AADWQxDHUUKt_EqLowLygX6Ka?dl=0 You might have to make some changes to get night brightness, stars lights etc working good..these are settings that work for me with all my other mods. Also, the commandline.txt, do not change it. The width and height in there needs to stay double the size of your screen res, this is to downsample much higher resolution with SuperSampling. The titlle menu will be massive, but once in game it will downscale to 1920 x 1080. If you use a bigger panel ie 1440, then go into the enb.ini and change your res to suit, then go back to the commandline.txt and double up the height and width.

if you need a list of my mods, give me a shout, there are a ton, so will take a while.

And Josh, the 8GB All In One Texture pack, get that in ASAP then apply the DTK road textures..wow. You will have to delete the pc/data/maps folder, place the original unmodded pc/data/maps back then install the All In One over the top, replace the cdimages file then put in the DTK road textures. Looks fab now

Brillopad! Cheers Tony I'll give this a whirl later on :)

What's the 8gb all in one texture pack you mention? I've download and used a 4gb city and roads pack, but it doesn't seem that different, or good to me.

Do you have a linky as these gta4 texture packs seem to be a mess and hard to find these days (lots of dead links).

Last edited:
And Josh, the 8GB All In One Texture pack, get that in ASAP then apply the DTK road textures..wow. You will have to delete the pc/data/maps folder, place the original unmodded pc/data/maps back then install the All In One over the top, replace the cdimages file then put in the DTK road textures. Looks fab now

Roger have the 8GB in already, I'll get the roads tonight, will be on TS in the modders channel later, might need your help with them! :D

8GB All In One is here http://gtamania.ru/forum/31-4166-1

While you're on that page, I also got Real Shops, Real Road Signs, HD road Textures (gtxd only)by DKT70. HD Trees by vanni, Outlook Park Overhaul.

You will need a program called SparkIV to import a lot of the new texture details so get that here https://code.google.com/p/gtaivtools/downloads/list

Thanks bud, you're a star :)

Downloading just the 8gb all in one and the roads (gtxd only) for now. Have also downloaded the SparkIV prog. Do I need this for these two? Never used it before, are there any instructions?

Back
Top Bottom