Graphics card crashes after a couple minutes.

Associate
OP
Have you tried going back to old nvidia drivers? I was reading on nvidias forums earlier today and there was some heavy criticism at the latest ones
I had tried this a couple weeks ago.. tried 2 revisions below current. Was still doing it. Maybe didn't go back far enough
One thing I overlooked was the nvme m.2 drive.. had never checked that was installed correctly. Is hidden under a heatsink. Pc has been running fine for the last 5 hours. See how it pans out. It usually goes back to crashing when I turn it on in the morning.

Associate
I had tried this a couple weeks ago.. tried 2 revisions below current. Was still doing it. Maybe didn't go back far enough
One thing I overlooked was the nvme m.2 drive.. had never checked that was installed correctly. Is hidden under a heatsink. Pc has been running fine for the last 5 hours. See how it pans out. It usually goes back to crashing when I turn it on in the morning.
Ye people were going back quite a bit in driver history it seemed. After reading that thread im seriously considering returning it and going for an 7900 xt or xtx

Associate
OP
Well, I bought a new motherboard and cpu.. borrowed some ram, used a different hard drive.. ssd this time over nvme, windows 10 instead of 11, and it's still crashing.
The only constant here is the graphics card.

Overclockers are going to refund the card.

Last edited:
Associate
I had to create an account on here because your issues are identical mine in every way possible. See my reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/10ap7dq/beta_testing_asusb650e_itx_am5/
To add to that, I have been getting the same exact OpenGL error on my event viewer (ID: 2). I have not been able to update my BIOS (since I bought this MB) to see if this is the main issue behind my GPU issues for obvious reasons.
Given that you have replaced the MB and changed out for different RAM, has this atleast fixed your BIOS issues? Or has a new GPU fixed your GPU issues? Looking forward to your response mate :(

Associate
Sorry to hear you're stuck in the same rabbit hole.
Replacing the graphics card fixed the issue. Haven't had a crash since.
100% faulty graphics card.
Thanks for the reply. I guess I shot myself in the foot by buying it second hand. smh. If you get a chance, could you let me know if you can successfully save any BIOS settings? I'd really appreciate it as I am going to make that my first fix before fixing the GPU issues I am having.

Associate
Just wanna say i have the exact same issue with my 4090, Zotac Trinity OC.

Constant crashing, raid port errors, nvidia drivers crashing.

Swapped my PSU, swapped my motherboard, nothing has fixed it. I will be RMAing my card and see what they say.

Associate
Just wanna say i have the exact same issue with my 4090, Zotac Trinity OC.

Constant crashing, raid port errors, nvidia drivers crashing.

Swapped my PSU, swapped my motherboard, nothing has fixed it. I will be RMAing my card and see what they say.
any update i'm stuck with the same ********. Zotac 4090. i have done everything from using DDU to installing old drivers disabling XMP and Nvidia Container but nothing. this is actually annoying me so much now i can't play because after 2 minutes i just hard crash everything freezes and can't do nothing. i've also contacted zotac please keep my updated, thanks.

Associate
OP
Coming back to this thread is a little bit triggering.

Pro tip for you.. email overclockers or whoever you bought it from to start making enquiries about returning your gpu. Even if there are still things for you to try, put in for an RMA.. you get plenty of time to return it.

Associate
any update i'm stuck with the same ********. Zotac 4090. i have done everything from using DDU to installing old drivers disabling XMP and Nvidia Container but nothing. this is actually annoying me so much now i can't play because after 2 minutes i just hard crash everything freezes and can't do nothing. i've also contacted zotac please keep my updated, thanks.
I sent it in for RMA, they tested it, said it ran fine, i tried to tell them the crashes were sporadic and to keep testing, they tested again and said its fine. They shipped the card back, immediately booted helldivers 2 and crashed within seconds again.

I sent it back and they said theres an indefinity wait list for 4090s, the best they can do is a 4080 super. So either i had a useless brick of a card or i take a $800 hit to have something usable. I took the 4080 super.

GL to you.

Soldato
I sent it in for RMA, they tested it, said it ran fine, i tried to tell them the crashes were sporadic and to keep testing, they tested again and said its fine. They shipped the card back, immediately booted helldivers 2 and crashed within seconds again.

I sent it back and they said theres an indefinity wait list for 4090s, the best they can do is a 4080 super. So either i had a useless brick of a card or i take a $800 hit to have something usable. I took the 4080 super.

GL to you.
I would have demanded a refund if they were unable to offer a like for like replacement in a reasonable time frame.

Back
Top Bottom