• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card prices?

Associate
to answer the question 3060 card supose to be 350£ or something. but then again suply and demand dictates prices in a free market.

pay what you can aford or pay waht you think the item is worth to you.

i build a nice tower pc for myself 1 month ago and was **** out of luck with gpu. no way i can spend 1k £ on gpu.

so i bouht broken 7950 for 20£ fix it up and used it untill some one nice on this forum offered me 1080 for 299£

now my 7950 is on ebay selling 99£ hehe

i have two 270 2 gb cards offload aswel. not the best cards but still works well and can take someone over this gpu draught.

Soldato
Can anyone confirm what the current going rate for the various graphics cards are? I have periodically gotten lucky and managed to get a graphics card into the basket, however I am not sure if the price I am paying would be fair (relatively fair given the circumstances).

I did manage to get a 3060 into basket earlier however it was priced at £1400 with a waterblock attached to it already, so this wasnt much use, but the price was definitely something to gawk at!

3090 FE: £1,850
3080 FE: £1,269
3070 FE: £827
3060: £520.

I have to say, prices have spiked again in the past 3 weeks.

OcUK Staff
3090 FE: £1,850
3080 FE: £1,269
3070 FE: £827
3060: £520.

I have to say, prices have spiked again in the past 3 weeks.

Did NVIDIA move the price on FE cards?
I was about to post in this thread that cards at MSRP no longer exist and are impossible as the cost prices are beyond MRSP before even factoring in shipping cost and profits.

That the only chance was FE cards but if NCIDIA have pushed their pricing up then the AIB cards will only get even more expensive!

Associate
I was about to post in this thread that cards at MSRP no longer exist and are impossible as the cost prices are beyond MRSP before even factoring in shipping cost and profits.

That the only chance was FE cards but if NCIDIA have pushed their pricing up then the AIB cards will only get even more expensive!
No they haven't. They are the same now as they have been direct. He's talking about retailer scalping prices or OEM prices.

OcUK Staff
No they haven't. They are the same now as they have been direct. He's talking about retailer scalping prices or OEM prices.

Retailers don’t sell FE cards and as such then the only chance of MSRP still stands, an FE card from NVIDIA which will be shipped by the well know store in Bolton.

AIB cards won’t get even close to MSRP this year if ever again as the board partners sell them into distribution higher than the MSRP to begin with then factor shipping cost and profit margins from distributor and reseller, MSRP was only ever valid on FE cards.

Associate
Retailers don’t sell FE cards and as such then the only chance of MSRP still stands, an FE card from NVIDIA which will be shipped by the well know store in Bolton.

AIB cards won’t get even close to MSRP this year if ever again as the board partners sell them into distribution higher than the MSRP to begin with then factor shipping cost and profit margins from distributor and reseller, MSRP was only ever valid on FE cards.
Last I heard that store in Bolton is still a retail store :p i mean you can buy them from a well known market place too scalped.

Last edited:
Soldato

those prices i quoted are just the open market prices.

Soldato
Do we all understand that first hand FE cards will always be RRP from Nvidia, delivered by the competitor Gibbo alludes to above?

MSRP is meaningless now outside of 1st hand FE.

Associate
I would like to think that the Radeon 6700xt retail price will not be far from the MRSP given that its only just been announced and AMD can take into account price rises, eg on parts and shipping. However, I doubt that will be the case and currently it seems that Nvidia and AMD are just announcing phantom prices that are supposed to put their product in a good light compared to the competitor rather than realistically what they will sell at.

Soldato
Do we all understand that first hand FE cards will always be RRP from Nvidia, delivered by the competitor Gibbo alludes to above?

The FE gives nvidia the ability to say it's cards are priced cheaper. Outside of that the rest of the cards are another Turing for price to performance with 3080s priced like 2080tis, 3070s and 3060tis priced like 2080s and 2070s and 3060s virtually matching the performance of a 2060super for around the same price that card was going for over 18 months ago.

Last edited:
Soldato
The FE gives nvidia the ability to say it's cards are priced cheaper. Outside of that the rest of the cards are another Turing for price to performance with 3080s priced like 2080tis, 3070s and 3060tis priced like 2080s and 2070s and 3060s virtually matching the performance of a 2060super for around the same price that card was going for over 18 months ago.

the market is allowing this to happen. I got an FE, not a chance I would have spent more than £500 on a 3070

Associate

you do realise that people are buying them direct from nvidia right? its others peoples choice to pay above the odds, try not to believe all the bs you read on the internet.

Associate
It's very difficult to buy from Nvidia, though.

I got lucky with a 3090 in Jan. Since then, I've been trying to get a hold of either a 3070 or a 3080 and despite getting involved with three drops and getting one in my basket two of those times, I've not managed to actually get one.

Soldato
It's very difficult to buy from Nvidia, though.

I got lucky with a 3090 in Jan. Since then, I've been trying to get a hold of either a 3070 or a 3080 and despite getting involved with three drops and getting one in my basket two of those times, I've not managed to actually get one.

This is the point I’m trying to make. RRP only exists when buying directly from NVidia.

Soldato
Crypto keeps rising so gpus will keep being out of stock. Unless asics are developed for eth and bitcoin gpus will keep getting sold out.
But its not enough being made which is bigger issue.

Back
Top Bottom