• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are!

My card was under OC UK warranty as it failed within 18 months and I had extended the warranty with Zotac for 5 years. Annoyingly was told no more 4090s will be stocked which means no more Zotacs and my
5 warranty now means very little. Offered a MSI Suprim X (3 years warranty from date of original purchase) which means I will get 18 months more warranty rather than 3.5 years more or I could have had a refund.
Probably should have gone with the refund but opted for the Suprim X. Didn't hear any comms when I decided on that option and phoned and a guy tried to get me to accept a water cooled Suprim (apparently VRMs get hot so they don't perform well)
or some B grade stock which was entirely inappropriate and I declined. Overall I'm a little dissatisfied with the outcome as I've effectively lost 2 years warranty on a card that I specifically bought because of the long warranty.

yeah loads like flashing these l;ong warranty times as piece of mind but when it comes to it they dont want to honour it 100% but start offering cutbacks or the bare minimum legal amount after fair usage

Scam Warning: MSI Exposes 600,000+ Warranty Records​

Zotac's Big Mistake | Consumer Warranty & Business Data Exposure​

Just a heads up if you have an RMA/Warranty claim with these companies as your data maybe leaked and can cause you a scamming issue.

Seems there is also another company with these issues but not named yet as they are probably being warned of data leaks and to patch it before being named too, I will add the company name later once released. So step with care if contacted by scammer pretending to be MSI or Zotac.

Last edited:
geI94u6.png

Does this still stand today?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom