Graphics card won't fit in case

Soldato
  • Take the motherboard out and run it outside of the case
  • Buy a riser cable
  • Cut the case
  • Drill out the rivers on the cage, then re-rivet them again
Them’s your choices.

Soldato
have you tried to even angle it to fit or was you hoping to just drop it in the exact way you took the pic? i had a case with a design like this and a gtx 660 that went a bit under the drive bay cage and i had to angle it one way or another to get it to fit as it was within the max supported size the case offers, didnt have to do any cutting.

unless you take the board out or dremel the case then buy some basic system for a fiver or so that will fit the card and and then just connect your corsair cpu pin & 24 pin to the other computers board.

to others, sometimes people sell stuff from bulk as untested because they probably cant test it, ive done it without issue, but if i can test it i will, not to say people wont pull a fast one, but its 50/50 chances.

Associate
I am finding it extremely hard to believe that you are not trolling, i mean you buy a GPU that will most likely not work as already stated and to determine this you would have to test it (which you do not seem confident about as you are avoiding removing the motherboard etc from the case..). Also the fact you bought a GPU without checking if your case supports it is confusing.

Nothing in the thread makes any logical sense.

Anyway, can't I just RMA the card?

I'm surprised you think it won't work. What could possibly have broken about it? Nothing really breaks these days.
I might be brave enough to take the MB out but from what i remember there is a screw underneath the giant CPU heatsink so might never bother. :/
Yes the advert said "oh I've got some cards, i turn 'it' on and the fan spins but nothing else"... but it said the exact same on all 12 so I thought he probably hasn't actually done anything.

Maybe it will be easier to buy a cheap PC, like if someone is selling an old(ish) PC, and test it with that. I don't particularly want to take all my stuff out of the case. It just needs PCIE and ATX power right?

Slightly creepy that you found the listing, but good detective work. I like to think that the seller didn't know what he's doing. He didn't write "i'm a computer expert and I can't get it to work", so maybe he just did something wrong

Don
Slightly creepy that you found the listing, but good detective work.

Type in product name in ebay, then tick "sold items"... not creepy at all.

to others, sometimes people sell stuff from bulk as untested because they probably cant test it, ive done it without issue, but if i can test it i will, not to say people wont pull a fast one, but its 50/50 chances.

No where near 50/50 - whilst I'm sure there are a few people who do legitimately sell "untested" items, majority of people on ebay, do just try it on.

Even assuming you bought a "job-lot", then selling a 390X GPU working vs none-working is the difference between £50 or £100+, multiply that by a few cards that take minutes to plug in and test (once you've got a pc set up), and "haven't got time to test" for most people is an unlikely excuse. Equally you're unlikely to be buying a job lot of GPUs if you haven't got at least some knowledge of PC components.

Soldato
Type in product name in ebay, then tick "sold items"... not creepy at all.

No where near 50/50 - whilst I'm sure there are a few people who do legitimately sell "untested" items, majority of people on ebay, do just try it on.

Even assuming you bought a "job-lot", then selling a 390X GPU working vs none-working is the difference between £50 or £100+, multiply that by a few cards that take minutes to plug in and test (once you've got a pc set up), and "haven't got time to test" for most people is an unlikely excuse. Equally you're unlikely to be buying a job lot of GPUs if you haven't got at least some knowledge of PC components.

well that is true, but when ive been buying used working parts ive had, odd sellers(no ebay) didnt know anything, hell im looking for a cheap laptop and some people dont know what they selling lol, so some people will try sell what they dont know or cant use, obviously a lot of people know their tech, but some cant test.

i dont know how much the op paid or how genuine the seller is, i was just expressing an opinion based on my own experience to the 'untested', anyways the op is either lucky or they not and if the op knew anything they wouldve googled the length of both the case and the card before buying.

Associate
I just think giving someone £50 on the off chance it might work when it's listed as sold for parts and then asking if you can RMA it is all too weird and not something a reasonable person would do unless you are incredibly naive.

I agree with other posts this is a weird thread.

Associate
OP
Hello,
The riser arrived.
I plugged the riser in with my existing card to test the setup - worked ok.
Plugged the 390x in - my goodness it needed a lot of power connections! - and...
Nothing happened. No fans, no output. Just dead, lol.

So time to pursue the RMA case.

Back
Top Bottom