• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics cards prices on the mend- Scalpers losses

Soldato
Seen a EVGA 3080 FTW3 for £1200 today missed out on it.

Seems a lot of 3080 FTW3's have landed on the market in USA, USA currently have them for instore only buy for the 3080 FTW3 ULTRA for $889.99 at USA Micro Center (there is no UK or EU store and they don't deliver outside of USA). But if you click it and check which stores have them, they all say out of stock, so not sure if really in stock and the guy in the video never showed a price of them in the picture so maybe just a picture from before and he's clickbaiting.

UdOCED8.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Seen a EVGA 3080 FTW3 for £1200 today missed out on it.

A competitor last week had a bundle with a 3080 EVGA FTW3 Ultra and a AMD CPU 5800x for £1250, so makes the 3080 £850-900 depending if you can buy a 5800x at £350-400.

They also had another bundle EVGA 3080 FTW3 ULTRA ,AIO water cooler, case and 850w PSU for £1175

All gone now though, didn't last long.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think people get a bit carried away with this.. I recall many a launch having limited supply at first.

I'm not sure how previous launches have gone as I only decided to build my new workstation late 2020, but surely the combination of covid, brexit and the chip shortages have contributed to make the RTX 3000 series and Radeon 6000 series cards that bit more limited than previous releases?

Soldato
I think people get a bit carried away with this.. I recall many a launch having limited supply at first.

Well like I said other day people complaining they can't get 3080s at near MSRP are not looking hard enough when they come up and FE are always MSRP. Last week had a good few places to get a 3080 AIB at close to MSRP. I even stated they were available to buy right now all the cards, but if you don't want to buy at MSRP or close to it don't complain then you can't get a card.

Soldato
Well like I said other day people complaining they can't get 3080s at near MSRP are not looking hard enough when they come up and FE are always MSRP. Last week had a good few places to get a 3080 AIB at close to MSRP. I even stated they were available to buy right now all the cards, but if you don't want to buy at MSRP or close to it don't complain then you can't get a card.

Really? I'd best keep an eye out. OCUK has nothing anywhere near MSRP as far as I'm aware.

Associate
AIB 3080’s are still very expensive from UK retailers.

There is a Gainward 3080 available now for £1,299.99… which makes the FE card the go to card, despite the high memory temps. and coil whine issues.

Soldato
Really? I'd best keep an eye out. OCUK has nothing anywhere near MSRP as far as I'm aware.
Was only the 3080 EVGA FTW3 ULTRA that was on these bundles that were sensible prices all other bundles with other cards were still over priced.

I think EVGA had a lot of 3080 FTW3 Ultras to sell, seems here in UK and USA. I am suspecting these were all cards returned for the red light of death issue and reboxed as new once refurbished. Not sure but my suspicion as it has only been the EVGA 3080 FTW3 ULTRA that I have seen go for these prices near MSRP in last few days, no other card has come close from any other AIB and same regarding EVGA 3090s, 3080Ti, or even other 3080s from EVGA, etc, no signs of a price drop.

Soldato
Yes, there is a distinguishable different between AIB and FE prices you cant really compare the two as NVidia has unfairly priced them beyond AIB reality.

Exactly, never expect to see a 3080 for example made by an AIB for £650 as the FE is. Cheapest AIB will be £800-850 and closer to £900 for a good version AIB.

Soldato
AIB 3080’s are still very expensive from UK retailers.

There is a Gainward 3080 available now for £1,299.99… which makes the FE card the go to card, despite the high memory temps. and coil whine issues.

You can buy a 3080Ti AIB for almost that price if you spot them when they come up.

Associate

We’re heading for a year in to the 30xx series though, well 9.5 months anyway, this has been really dragging this time. I know launch shortages have been a thing in the past, but not to this extent in my memory.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
We’re heading for a year in to the 30xx series though, well 9.5 months anyway, this has been really dragging this time. I know launch shortages have been a thing in the past, but not to this extent in my memory.

That's kind of my point Jimmy... as its a pandemic expect it to drag longer right? Your admission to it being a regular occurrence in addition to pandemic conditions, shortage of metals, supply parts basically confirms apart from streamer/tuber/influencer/genX contribution to demand (and pascal upgraders) this is basically predictable?

Soldato
Was supply really the issue? Sure it was tighter than usual but we saw fantasy MSRPs from both camps and seemingly walls and walls of GPUs farming in Asia, not to mention the garage crypto enthusiast over here and elsewhere. I read somewhere that shipped units from both AMD and Nvidia were up on previous gen, but take that as hearsay
I actually think they've made more cards than ever this generation but it's just demand has been so high with the hysteria over performance and then the mining boom and when prices starting to rise more and more wanted to buy as the FOMO kicked in.

Just look at how many people now have RTX3000 / RDNA 2 cards so there's been plenty going out the door.

Soldato
I actually think they've made more cards than ever this generation but it's just demand has been so high with the hysteria over performance and then the mining boom and when prices starting to rise more and more wanted to buy as the FOMO kicked in.

Just look at how many people now have RTX3000 / RDNA 2 cards so there's been plenty going out the door.

Also the last gen cards were not much of an upgrade too and prices were silly for them, so added to the problem too this gen.

Soldato
Yep, Turing was not a great gen.
Nvidia only got away with that because AMD were nowhere but now we have AMD keeping Nvidia honest I would expect strong performance gains every generation from now on but these are only good so long as the price % doesn't increase faster than the performance.

Back
Top Bottom