• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics cards prices on the mend- Scalpers losses

Man of Honour
We’re heading for a year in to the 30xx series though, well 9.5 months anyway, this has been really dragging this time. I know launch shortages have been a thing in the past, but not to this extent in my memory.
Yeah there have been many paper launches but I don't remember there ever being a situation where so many different cards are out of stock six months after release and people are still waiting for preorders to be fulfilled.

Associate
Nvidia only got away with that because AMD were nowhere but now we have AMD keeping Nvidia honest I would expect strong performance gains every generation from now on but these are only good so long as the price % doesn't increase faster than the performance.
And with Intel’s soon to be released dGPUs to add to the mix, this should drive much more competitive behaviour.

Associate
That's kind of my point Jimmy... as its a pandemic expect it to drag longer right? Your admission to it being a regular occurrence in addition to pandemic conditions, shortage of metals, supply parts basically confirms apart from streamer/tuber/influencer/genX contribution to demand (and pascal upgraders) this is basically predictable?

You seemed to be saying that it was usual for there to be shortages like this. While the pandemic and the chip shortage are great reasons that it's not normal, they don't make it normal, because AFAICT supply constraints going on this long really is a new phenomenon.

:shrug:

It'll settle down eventually.

Back
Top Bottom