Greedfall - A new RPG game from Spiders

Soldato
Hey all,

Anyone heard about these developers ? I never have and just heard about this upcoming game today. Having watch some trailers and one of their Webseries videos about the game it sure sounds very interesting !! Have put the game on my wishlist for now, might buy it before it is out on the 10th of September this year.

Some trailers for those that are interested.

And here is the link to the website. Would be interested in hearing anyone's thoughts about the game and if anyone played any of Spiders previous games and what you think of them as developers ?

Edit: Found a bit of gameplay that IGN posted, and some talk about the game as it being showed. Seems to have an rather large skill tree. Can also have 5 companions, and depending on how you interact with them they can either be helpful, or betray you ! :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm actually a bit excited for this one. Their games have a lot of atmosphere. If they manage to make a serviceable combat system then I'll give it a go.

Associate
https://kotaku.com/upcoming-exploration-rpg-greedfall-has-my-attention-1837314321

When I was first asked to preview Greedfall, an upcoming RPG by Spiders, I didn’t really know what to expect. Its vast world, packed with ruins and frontier towns, captured a sense of discovery but also evoked a strange apprehension in me. Greedfall brims with potential, yet even after playing it, I can’t tell if it will mark a powerful recreation of BioWare-esque storytelling or a half-measured romanticising of the all-too-violent Age of Exploration.

Associate
Never played their other games but that's what I heard as well. But yeah, this does look pretty damn good ! :cool:

Their others game suffer from awful, awful combat and bland skill trees. One of those developers where you feel that if they had a much better budge they might be able to come with something good - and hopefully this is it.

Soldato
Looks interesting mostly and for me a mix of elements I like which is why it looks good. Most people evidently though, seem well aware of the issues with Dev on prior games from most comments in thread so far and looking elsewhere.

Was hoping to see some early reviews though by now.

Back
Top Bottom