Greedfall - A new RPG game from Spiders

Soldato
Fantastic so far! Oldschool Bioware style. Gorgeous art and with a real sense of three dimensionality when walking through Serene. Lovely writing & voice acting as well. I can already tell the game will steal many hours from me. The combat is enjoyable too once you get used to it, though on normal it may prove to be too easy in the end.

The only negative to note atm is that there's framepacing issues, and HDR seems to be missing even though they said we'd get it on PC as well.

Screens @

GreedFall-2019-09-06-22-29-28-415.jpg

GreedFall-2019-09-07-01-16-14-825.jpg

GreedFall-2019-09-08-17-04-26-364.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like its getting pretty solid reviews, some quirks from reviews I seen, but solid overall. One to pick up I think once dropped in price and through my backlog

Soldato
looks like a really good GAME.

the lack of variety in certain envrionments screams laziness though which is a bit unforgivable given how easy that is to fix.

Soldato
looks like a really good GAME.

the lack of variety in certain envrionments screams laziness though which is a bit unforgivable given how easy that is to fix.

I very much doubt it's anything to do with laziness and everything to do with costs given they are a small indie studio with less than 20 people.

Soldato
People comparing it to bioware's DA which has me interested but some reviews are alarming in regards to bugs and quality issues, so right now I am holding off for a bit.

The lack of open world and environmental variety doesnt bother me, DA1 was a very enclosed game and one of the best ever games I have played.

Soldato
Have to say I am really enjoying this game so far.

Running at 3440x1440 on a 1070, I've dropped shadows and draw distance to medium, SSAO to normal and running FXAA, everything else at Ultra.

Vram usage with ultra textures is around 6.8Gb.

Getting 45-70+ fps, very smooth (Gsync obviously helps here).

The killer for me in this is the draw distance, any higher than medium and it stutters.

Edit:

And it's good to see proper UW support built in, supports the rez and the cut scenes.

Zero black borders!

Last edited:
Soldato
idk just to place objects differently in rooms city to city.. seems a bit lazy..

Based on what, expectations of a AAA developed game with a big budget and massive development team? Then yes I'd agree. Otherwise in this case it's probably a function of not having much time/money to develop art assets etc to do it and nothing to do with laziness, if this game is a success then hopefully these things will be focused on in a sequel.

Soldato
I tried to like it but I couldn't get into it.

In the starting city I encountered bugs that stopped quests completeing after eating bugs during the entire quest line, Graphics and performance was decent. I did like the combat abit but after paying 44 quid I refunded.

One of those games I'll wait for sale, Don't think its worth that money in it's current state.

Soldato
Soldato
Looks nice, but I think Witcher 3 did a much better job on the terrain, foliage and overall map design. Something just looks a bit...boxy and sparse about it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Looks nice, but I think Witcher 3 did a much better job on the terrain, foliage and overall map design. Something just looks a bit...boxy and sparse about it.
Agreed, but when you consider the dev team being much smaller, they did a good job. Trouble is they are charging for the game like they are a big dev team. But hopefully they can use the money to grow further and make games with more polish. We need more dev teams who want to make single player rpg games like Spider.

Soldato
Increased FOV & no camera bobbing mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/greedfall/mods/8?tab=files

Also needless to say if anyone is playing with a lower render scale in this game then install reshade + CAS. It helps quite a bit. Been playing around with it since wanting to maintain 60 fps. The game loses a bit of that 3D look it has at native but it's worthwhile. Don't know if I'll stick to it or go back to native, will test some more. Very much enjoying my time with it, it's a lovely game.

Soldato
Increased FOV & no camera bobbing mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/greedfall/mods/8?tab=files

Also needless to say if anyone is playing with a lower render scale in this game then install reshade + CAS. It helps quite a bit. Been playing around with it since wanting to maintain 60 fps. The game loses a bit of that 3D look it has at native but it's worthwhile. Don't know if I'll stick to it or go back to native, will test some more. Very much enjoying my time with it, it's a lovely game.

There's already a FOV slider in the game, what does this FOV mod bring to the table?

Back
Top Bottom