Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10th - 13th Sept 2021]

Caporegime
I've only watched it once, and I'm not watching it again, but my first impression was that it wasn't a bad challenge and he got his studs caught. Just unlucky. Regardless, most important thing is Elliot. Hopefully it's clean and he can recover faster than it looks at present
Yeah, thought ligament damage initially so a leg break's probably better for his long term career.

Caporegime
It’s not really a freak outcome, same thing happened when Son went in recklessly on Gomes iirc

Dont tackle from behind if you’re going between their legs on follow through

He’s literally off both feet and lunging following through the back of Elliot on second viewing, awful challenge

Man of Honour
Watching the replay back I'm not too sure either way, he looks like he's trying to get the ball and unfortunately Elliott's leg gets caught underneath Struijk's. Wasn't sinister, you could argue it was a bit reckless but we see similar tackles quite often. Just unfortunate really.

Caporegime
I've looked at it again and I'd say the red card was fair, although he didn't really go in from behind as they were almost side by side he jumps in with both feet off the ground and his trailing leg does the damage, full weight of his body.

Caporegime
Watched it again just to see how bad the tackle was and his leg was just dangling there all limp

Jesus, absolutely horrible and it’s a red due to the injury caused. All day, every day.

Back
Top Bottom