Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10th - 13th Sept 2021]

fez

fez

Caporegime
The more I watch Pickfork the more of a **** I think he is. He always goes into any potential contact situation with his knee out to make sure he protects himself and doesn't give a **** if he creams the other guy. Just nasty. You would think he might have changed a bit after what he did to VVD

Don
Surprisingly Leeds tried to appeal Struijk's red card but unsurprisingly, it was rejected. Harvey Elliott though, again showing just how a classy kid he is:
Sitting in hospital having just had surgery on an injury that will keep him out for many months and he's sending support to the guy that done it to him.
The more I watch Pickfork the more of a **** I think he is. He always goes into any potential contact situation with his knee out to make sure he protects himself and doesn't give a **** if he creams the other guy. Just nasty. You would think he might have changed a bit after what he did to VVD
I think you're giving Pickford too much credit. He's just a lunatic, there's no thought process that goes through his mind when he does these things.

Caporegime

I know people who grew up with him and he's got that side to him for sure. Would often get in to bother on nights out in Sunderland/Newcastle.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Sitting in hospital having just had surgery on an injury that will keep him out for many months and he's sending support to the guy that done it to him.

Yeah, thats nice to see from the guy, seems like hes got a good head on his shoulders.

I know people who grew up with him and he's got that side to him for sure. Would often get in to bother on nights out in Sunderland/Newcastle.

Looks like he would be a massive **** as well but thats not really relevant as that could just be his face. What you say doesn't surprise me though.

fez

fez

Caporegime
It was still just horrendously bad luck. I've seen god knows how many of those type of challenges where two players are running side by side and the defender leaps to make the tackle and quite often gets the ball cleanly and if he doesn't there is no issue with it just being a bog standard foul. No one calls for a card usually unless its in a dangerous location on the pitch or they are running through near the goal.

Not a fundamentally dangerous type of tackle in my opinion, just bad luck. So many tackles can go horribly wrong if the worst happens.

Don
So many tackles can go horribly wrong if the worst happens.
Challenges when the player leaves the ground more than any other, which was why you're always risking a red card and why there was not a chance in hell that Leeds would win their appeal.

Don
It was still just horrendously bad luck. I've seen god knows how many of those type of challenges where two players are running side by side and the defender leaps to make the tackle and quite often gets the ball cleanly and if he doesn't there is no issue with it just being a bog standard foul. No one calls for a card usually unless its in a dangerous location on the pitch or they are running through near the goal.

Not a fundamentally dangerous type of tackle in my opinion, just bad luck. So many tackles can go horribly wrong if the worst happens.

Exactly. That is it, bad luck, Strujik is at the side of Elliott when he's genuinely going to retrieve the ball. The injured player pleads his innocence throughout. It's ridiculous. Christ, you see comments from Pool fans stating the same.

Anyway, it's done, and we have no defence for Friday, arguably we have barely had a defence since we came into the PL. Must win!

Back
Top Bottom