Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [17th - 19th Sept 2021]

Don
Not the greatest of performances from us earlier but slightly to be expected given the complete reshuffle at the back but 3 points and another clean sheet is all you could ask for.

Permabanned
Thought we played well throughout but the quality on the bench really pulled us ahead at the end. Thankfully looks like Baileys injury isn't likely to be lasting.

Soldato
Solid performance from our back line and GK, Tomiyasu and Ramsdale both quietly brilliant . Only concern would be even with an attacking line up we still look very impotent and slow up top.

City desperate for a real striker.

White was a bit sloppy at times but I was especially pleased with Tomiyasu’s aerial dominance and Ramsdale cementing himself as first choice. Attack definitely less than the sum of it’s parts but the middle was very congested today and it was a rare occasion we had combination play down the sides leading to getting someone behind to ping a ball across the six yard box, and when it did happen it tended to be aimed at no one in particular.

Oh well, clean sheet, didn’t feel like we were going to throw the game away at any point and the usual snide comments in the media will have to be saved for another week.

Caporegime
Everyone laughed at us signing Ramsfale, but I’ve been impressed.

commanded his box today with authority which is not an easy thing to do at Turf Moor.

I don't think it was that. It was just you sold Martinez who was just as good. If not better and kept your worse keeper then ended up spending even more money on another keeper. I am sure Ramsdale will end up good.

Soldato
what will blow your mind more is that is was given as a pen and then VAR used to overturn it. I cant see how you can say the ref made an obvious error and that its 100% not a penalty to reverse a decision like that.
Other end of the pitch and it’s a Man City penalty and the saints player walks, VAR and it’s use in football is just plain wrong and still ruining the game as a spectacle and all the while we still haven’t fixed the issue of player surrounding the referee half the Man City team were having a chat before he reviews it….. the smirk on Walker post review tells you he thought it was a pen.

fez

fez

Caporegime
The fact that Walker doesn’t look surprised or annoyed by the decision at all until the red card tells you that he knew he had ****** up.

Looking forward to hearing the justification from the refs association.

Back
Top Bottom