Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 23rd January 2023]

Potential stupid question but why did Rashford celebrate in front of the home fans? Or were the away ones above?

Home fans take up like 95% of the stadium. The away support was at the opp side. He’d have to run to the opp side to celebrate with them. Happens all the time.

Usually away fans are at the bottom so they don’t launch stuff on home fans - opp in mainland Europe where they Chuck you right up in the clouds.

Last edited:
Let them bicker among themselves.

We've been on a bad run of form in front of goal since Christmas and we still scored 1 more than Manu. Nevermind the goal difference of 15 odd.

Again context is needed. We were terrible at the beginning of the season. Now ETH has had time with the team it is a completely different story.

Newcastle since our 0-0 draw 16 goals scored
Man United since our 0-0 draw 19 goals scored

That's from 16th October so has been way before Christmas. We have also won more games because you draw everything and have played Arsenal and City twice. Our next "big" league game isn't till middle of March. Eddie Howe has also spent nearly 300 million. Lol.

Last edited:
Again context is needed. We were terrible at the beginning of the season. Now ETH has had time with the team it is a completely different story.

That's from 16th October so has been way before Christmas. We have also won more games because you draw everything and have played Arsenal and City twice. Our next "big" league game isn't till middle of March. Eddie Howe has also spent nearly 300 million. Lol.
And how much has ETH spent? on an already superior team squad value wise.

He has a full transfer window less and a squad already valued over 500 million more for context.

Is that what was paid or their value... What you pay for a player doesn't matter if they aren't close to a player of that value.

If you flogged the entire squad that ETH inherited I reckon you would have got £200m or so max.

Despite feeling Southhampton where a little robbed on Saturday, I can't quite believe the run Villa have been on. Crazy to think we're only 5 points from 5th! Such a tight table this year.

That's because they went from a bum of a manager to a manager who is easily a top tier manager in the world at the moment. I would rank him as the 4th/5th best in the league personally. The way Chelsea and Liverpool are going you could have a cheeky bet on Villa getting Europa Conference.

Last edited:
That's because they went from a bum of a manager to a manager who is easily a top tier manager in the world at the moment. I would rank him as the 4th/5th best in the league personally. The way Chelsea and Liverpool are going you could have a cheeky bet on Villa getting Europa Conference.

Aye, It's actually something I've been mulling over. Think I could get reasonable odds tbf.

I just can't believe how much more organized we look, especially in the midfield. Seems to be getting the best out of Bailey as well which is great.

Last edited:

Yawn

You keep changing dates to suit your narrative.

Making excuses why you lost etc.

Yap yap yap.

Spanked last night.

Someone hits you with hard cold stats you put the blinkers on.

Is that what was paid or their value... What you pay for a player doesn't matter if they aren't close to a player of that value.

If you flogged the entire squad that ETH inherited I reckon you would have got £200m or so max.
And for context going by that logic our squad prior to the “£260m” spend was worth well below £120m. So a massive difference in quality but let’s not let that get in the way of a good whinge :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yawn

You keep changing dates to suit your narrative.

Making excuses why you lost etc.

Yap yap yap.

Spanked last night.

Someone hits you with hard cold stats you put the blinkers on.

Will be hilarious when we dump you in the League Cup final leaving a 50 year trophy draught intact. Casemiro will not be suspended for that, Dalot and Martial will be back fit and who know maybe even Sancho will become the player we bought him for. Bring it on.

Also we didn't get spanked over two legs we won 5-4 ;)

Last edited:
Will be hilarious when we dump you in the League Cup final leaving a 50 year trophy draught intact. Casemiro will not be suspended for that, Dalot and Martial will be back fit and who know maybe even Sancho will become the player we bought him for. Bring it on.

Also we didn't get spanked over two legs we won 5-4 ;)
Salty salty

And for context going by that logic our squad prior to the “£260m” spend was worth well below £120m. So a massive difference in quality but let’s not let that get in the way of a good whinge :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm not sure quite why you think this is a whinge... I know where United are, I know what we need and James was just talking rubbish about EtH "inheriting a £500m squad". The quality of a squad is the quality of the squad. It doesn't matter how much you have spent on that. Most people have the intelligence to base their opinion of a player/squad on, you know, the quality of the player/squad. Or is KdB only worth £55m? Perhaps Rashford is worthless because we didn't pay for him?

Honestly I have no idea what you are even arguing for or against or as usual are you just generally on the wind up?

Back
Top Bottom