Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 23rd January 2023]

Caporegime
Definitely a tricky one with Arteta being much younger and he was getting called a fraud and all sorts the past few seasons.

He would overtake Mourinho as the youngest manager to ever win it.

You have the Ranieri effect though. He has come out of nowhere. The team today existed last season minus Zinchenko. We need to see how next season goes really before judging.

Even though we beat City at home I felt they dominated us far more than Arsenal did and we had Casemiro in that game.

Soldato
If you close down the wings then arsenal will Happily play down the middle which is our strongest suit.
Yeh I guess.

It was a hard watch though with no defense in left back or right back.

If we had more about us then it wouldn't be an issue.

Two good teams right, Arsenal are the better just now.

Fair play.

Soldato
You have the Ranieri effect though. He has come out of nowhere. The team today existed last season minus Zinchenko. We need to see how next season goes really before judging.

Even though we beat City at home I felt they dominated us far more than Arsenal did and we had Casemiro in that game.
Got stats to prove that?

I just saw arsenal stats. 25 shots to 6..

Soldato

Edit. I just checked. United had 8 shots and city only 5...

Expected goal 1.65x to united and 0.65 to city.. Yea ok harder game you had against city

Arsenal 2.93 expected goal vs 0.33. Yea United had a much easier time against arsenal lol

Last edited:
Soldato
ETH getting a lot of stick for some reason, don't think he could have done loads differently, offensive subs would have left us more exposed.
I disagree. You can make 5 subs and we made one despite being outplayed for large parts of the game. Eriksen can't play 90 mins. It never works with Bruno on the right side and we had no out ball other than Marcus. If it had been me I would have brought on Malacia, moved Shaw inside and pushed Martinez into midfield. Antony should have been subbed for a player who can play left side ie Pellestri. Maybe he doesnt trust the bench but I'd rather lose 4-2 trying to win the game.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Edit. I just checked. United had 8 shots and city only 5...

Expected goal 1.65x to united and 0.65 to city.. Yea ok harder game you had against city

Arsenal 2.93 expected goal vs 0.33. Yea United had a much easier time against arsenal lol

The game today was so open though. We never really had that against City. We always do well against City because of the counterattack. We were also home against City and had Casemiro. You can blindly put up stats but it needs context.

I want Arsenal to win the league btw but you can't just discount City. If I had to choose a cup final against either I would rather face Arsenal.

Man of Honour
PS Gary Neville is a chump. You are not losing the league with 50 points on the board at the half way point. Pure bitterness.

He's entitled to his opinion. There is a long way to go, Arsenal are playing brilliantly but there's a lot of football remaining. European games to come too.

Soldato
PS Gary Neville is a chump. You are not losing the league with 50 points on the board at the half way point. Pure bitterness.
Bizarre statement. Liverpool lost the league with 99 points not long ago. And their odds are very close, so it's not like the bookies think there is much in it

Last edited:
Soldato
The game today was so open though. We never really had that against City. We always do well against City because of the counterattack. We were also home against City and had Casemiro. You can blindly put up stats but it needs context.

I want Arsenal to win the league btw but you can't just discount City. If I had to choose a cup final against either I would rather face Arsenal.
I'm not discounting City.

City are still favourites to win it

Soldato
Yet we’re the only team this season to take points away from the emirates and stop you scoring.
Let them bicker among themselves.

We've been on a bad run of form in front of goal since Christmas and we still scored 1 more than Manu. Nevermind the goal difference of 15 odd.

Back
Top Bottom