Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [28th - 29th August 2021]

Don
Not sure I really agreed with Neville's assessment of the game throughout. It's been a tight game with very little in it for either side - we missed the big chance with Hendo (why doesn't he open his body up and use his right foot?) and then they score with a 1 in 1000 header. They had the one chance on the break with Mount but we were pushing and it felt a matter of time before something fell for us in the box.

No doubts with the penalty incident for me. It's come off his leg but he's swung his arm around as a barrier to keep the ball out.
Because it's a red if its deliberate, if it's accidental you just get the pen.
But handball is only given if it's deliberate. As soon as it's a pen, it's a red too.

Soldato
Not really, quite a few soft fouls for Chelsea in middle of park whilst challenges just prior not given for Liverpool.
Salah one was very obvious though, maybe realises he was actually held prior.
So you agree the officiating is horrific? If Salah was fouled and he gave a free kick to Chelsea, the ref is really struggling

Soldato
Still don't think that was a deliberate handball. Everything looks deliberate at 1/10th speed. Its nice to think that we would all react beautifully in the 1/10th of a second between when the ball leaves Manes foot and when it contacts James about 1.5m away but we wouldn't. You chuck a leg at the ball and your arm kind of does what it wants.

I completely agree with this. I’ve rewound it a couple of times how and in real time it doesn’t look that bad. Super slow mo it does. Ref only looked at one frame. Decisions like that have to see the whole play.

Be interesting to see what the pundits say, then I seen it was Redknapp that analysed it. :cry:

Caporegime
Regardless of the decisions, the ref is really poor at keeping things calm.

He is behaving like an officious prat.

He didn't book Salah for kicking the ball away but is booking all the Chelsea players for similar offences

I dislike both teams but the officiating has been very 1 sided.

lol

Soldato
He moves his arm prior to the contact to make himself bigger and then the pushing forward motion too, it's not hard to see why that's being given as deliberate.

Don
Why does his arm move from the side of his body to in front of his body? He's swung it around. I can lift my knee up without swinging my arm around.

Soldato
He moves his arm prior to the contact to make himself bigger and then the pushing forward motion too, it's not hard to see why that's being given as deliberate.

hes moving his arm because hes moving his thigh forward

trying kicking a ball properly without throwing your arm forward too :o:o

Don
hes moving his arm because hes moving his thigh forward

trying kicking a ball properly without throwing your arm forward too :o:o
He wasn't kicking the ball. He was raising his knee. If you cannot raise your knee without swinging your arm then I'd go see a doctor.

Caporegime
I thought he tried to bring his shoulder forward to try and block it between that and his thigh but he misjudged it. Don't think he meant to use his arm but it's still classed as deliberate handball.

Edit: Having just watched the clip above, he moved his shoulder away from the ball :o

Soldato
"A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player's body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised."

Opinion is going to differ on whether you think swinging your arm around like that is a consequence of or justifiable by the action of raising your knee like that.

Soldato
Yea stated he was struggling prior, in disagreement it’s one sided against Chelsea :)
I thought he was trying to diffuse the situation byr not booking Salah for the kick away (which I would applaud) but then he just went nuts at rudiger and mendy for really petty misdemeanours.

Back
Top Bottom