Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [28th - 29th August 2021]

Soldato
Opinion is going to differ on whether you think swinging your arm around like that is a consequence of or justifiable by the action of raising your knee like that.

fa rulebook also states this tho

Handling the ball For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit

Except for the above offences,
• directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
• directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close
• if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger
• when a player falls and the hand/arm is between the body and the ground to support the body, but not extended laterally or vertically away from the body

it hit his arm directly from his own thigh

Soldato
What I will say is that even though I agree with the ultimate outcome, it's worrying that Taylor apparently made the call on the basis of a still image, when you obviously needed video to see what happens

Caporegime
Seeing linked clips I was wrong it’s a red with that huge swing forward with arm

I thought he was trying to diffuse the situation byr not booking Salah for the kick away (which I would applaud) but then he just went nuts at rudiger and mendy for really petty misdemeanours.

Did the same to Henderson at the halfway line, it’s the Anthony Taylor special, not allowed to be in disagreement with him

Soldato
What I will say is that even though I agree with the ultimate outcome, it's worrying that Taylor apparently made the call on the basis of a still image, when you obviously needed video to see what happens
Completely agree with this.

Edit - it was reminiscent of those insane red cards for players kicking the ball and their fallow through catching a player coming in to try and tackle them.

Back
Top Bottom