Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [7th - 12th May 2022]

Permabanned
Can't see Liverpool scoring by 8 clear goals in their last two games and Man City are going to win at least 1 game.

Was a depressing game to watch last night. City are the only team that can score 5 and make it look dull as dishwater. Hopefully West Ham put up a decent fight and we can keep the goals down or maybe even take 2 points from them in the last game. Stranger things have happened!

Soldato
Relegation battles over now. Norwich, Watford and Leeds it is.

Leeds are not getting results against Brighton and Brentford, especially now with Ayling and James out

I'm not so sure, Brighton and Brentford won't have much to play for.

Marsch will need to find a way to get a tune out of the Leeds players though, it's not working at the moment.

I thought the same at first, but looking at their last matches Burnley have Spurs away, Villa away, and Newcastle at home which I can't see them winning any of tbh. If so Leeds just need to pick up 1 point which I think is feasible, provided they can keep 11 men on the pitch, though the number of suspensions/injuries in Leeds squad does cast a question mark on whether they can do that. I think Everton could lose every game and still stay up as I just can't see Burnley getting the results they need, unless, as their manager says in his interview Spurs do them a favour by going and being "a bit Spursy" for them.

Soldato
Welcome back Vardy, we've missed you. :)

2 goals in 8 mins, lovely.
Yeah, what they could have done this season with a fit squad. It's been the issue for a few years, though, key players getting injured and not enough strength in depth. Now they'll lose Tielemens and probably one of Maddison/Barnes so it's going to get worse not better. Vardy only has 1-2 seasons left in him max now, and that's assuming he can stay fit. Best to see him as an every-other game option and plan that way if it were me.

Soldato
Yeah, what they could have done this season with a fit squad. It's been the issue for a few years, though, key players getting injured and not enough strength in depth. Now they'll lose Tielemens and probably one of Maddison/Barnes so it's going to get worse not better. Vardy only has 1-2 seasons left in him max now, and that's assuming he can stay fit. Best to see him as an every-other game option and plan that way if it were me.

When I look back at the seaon, I think we've dropped 29 points from winning positions. :eek:

We've been really poor in the transfer market recently, buying rubbish, like those ex soton players.

Maddison and Barnes both have a few years left on their contracts, so I am not worried about losing them, unless someone comes in with a ridiculous £80m offer. (man utd :cry:).

Tielemens has been terrible since Ndidi got injured, not fussed about him leaving in the summer. So glad Amartey's contract is up, he can do one as well.

Back
Top Bottom