Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [16th - 19th August 2024]

Commentator saying defender got a touch on the ball but the play was still live, defender went on to bring the striker down.

I guess that is a 'fair' decision?

But that moment of play and decision just doesn't sit well with me...

Too many people wrongly believe that getting a touch on the ball means you cannot commit a foul. Cash didn't dispossess Soucek of the ball, it was still right there in front of him and then Cash brings him down. It's a foul. Not big enough for VAR to overturn the decision had it not been given onfield but it's still a foul imo.

Too many people wrongly believe that getting a touch on the ball means you cannot commit a foul. Cash didn't dispossess Soucek of the ball, it was still right there in front of him and then Cash brings him down. It's a foul. Not big enough for VAR to overturn the decision had it not been given onfield but it's still a foul imo.
Would like to see it again

Commentator saying defender got a touch on the ball but the play was still live, defender went on to bring the striker down.

I guess that is a 'fair' decision?

But that moment of play and decision just doesn't sit well with me...
Soucek initiates the tangle of legs by stepping across with his right leg. Soucek brought them down, not Cash.

Just back from the match and made quite a hard job of the first game of the season, Schar was absolutely stupid, if you put your head into someone’s face you run the risk of getting sent off, hope the guy is out of A&E safety though. Though we were pretty solid through out the game, nice to see the refereeing standards are as high as ever.

Last edited:
Everton praying there is 3 worse teams than them again.

Apart from the first 30mins we were dire. Then the red card at 60 absolutely killed us. The only good thing is that Young has to miss a few games now, he really should retire.

I don't think I've ever seen Goodison empty out so fast before. There was hardly anyone left at 80mins and I left when I thought they'd scored a fourth before 90mins.

As a double kicker, they robbing gits have put the car park price up £3 as well. Not happy.

Lopetegui has got to be a decent bet for the first manager to be sacked. West Ham have managed to spend a lot of money and look, both on paper and on the pitch, worse than they were before.

Great start to the season, top of the league, ours to lose now.

I didn’t get to watch it as I was out, but sounds like it took us a while to settle in and once we did it was decent.

Minteh & Mitoma is going to be a joy, I’m a little worried we won’t be able to fit all these players in though and we’ll have some unhappy faces in a few months.

When it was announced that we'd get in game updates on twitter explaining VAR decisions I had hoped it would be a bit more detailed than this.
:D
You’d nearly swear that’s a troll by them. What’s even the point of that ‘update’ - shows their mentality if they think that’s an explanation. Grade A wind up merchants though :p

Good Moyes got done rotten for what he did there. Fans will soon be begging for him to come back.
They won't. Moyes done a decent job for them but he was the wrong man for that club.
Don't underestimate Rob's charms...
His charms all he's got. Judging by his contributions to the now eating thread, he's not going to win her round with the salmonella and chips he knocks up most nights.

Back
Top Bottom