Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [19th - 21st October 2024]

Honestly Szobo was huge in that final 20 of continuing to press while others had dropped off it, still got a way to go but not a bad performance.

Darwin is class

Decent game, wouldn't be too downbeat as a Chelsea fan, I think they're going in the right direction.

Such a weird match. I mentioned at the start of the weekend that I wasn't sure how Slot's style of play would work in these sorts of games and we got the win, deservedly so imo, so it's hard to be too unhappy but that could and should have been an easier win. At 1-0 Chelsea looked there for the taking and I can't help but think that last season we'd have made it 2 or 3 within 15 minutes of going ahead. Curtis Jones in many ways summed up the performance - he was really good and probably was the MOTM but at the same time it could have easily been so much better. The Gakpo offside goal, Jones just held onto the ball too long and Salah ends up drifting offside. Similarly the non penalty, Jones should be shooting and just making it 2-0 there.

The ref was all over the place today, almost making it up as they go along and never having any control of the game. Oh and Neville's an absolute gob*****. You can laugh now but his commentary of Liverpool games is just so desperate it's silly. It's to be expected from somebody that wets himself over the thought of dunking a custard cream in his tea though.

Finally it's been a bad weekend for Webb having appeared on the Overlap, banging on about the high bar for VAR overturns. I thought the Saliba challenge was a pretty clear red but once it wasn't given and what we've seen and heard about the high threshold for overturns, I was surprised it was given. Then we have the City winner today. Again I think the final decision wasn't wrong but it was hardly a clear error - a perfectly reasonable argument could be made that Silva was interfering. And then the Jones penalty. Those sorts of challenges could go either way but once it was given how on earth can you overturn it? Sanchez gets a touch on the ball but he's not disposed Jones and then wipes him out.

Pretty sure Carra or Neville said we shouldn't expect too much from Liverpool this season, might not even finish in the top four.

Onfield refs should not be var refs on their "days offs" Dedicated vars without any pressure either way from their so-called superiors.

Pretty sure Carra or Neville said we shouldn't expect too much from Liverpool this season, might not even finish in the top four.
We all know who said it and he's been wrong about pretty much everything he's said about Liverpool for the past 6 years.

Back
Top Bottom