Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 22nd September 2024]

Watched the game this morning, very enjoyable first half. Feel we were robbed of a bit of a spectacle by the sending off. Don't really see how anyone can complain about it.
Thought City could have penetrated more as they were camped in the Arsenal half but faffed about a bit too much, Diaz had so much of the ball and space was surprised he didn't have any shots.

Probably less said about Newcastles performance the better. They can't say that result hasn't been coming for a couple of weeks. Had we been sitting on three points now instead of ten I don't think we could complain too much.

That was a cracking match yesterday. Trossard is an idiot, what is he thinking about? He could have been sent off for either of the stupid challenge then booting the ball away. They almost got away with it as well. Have to admit I was a bit gutted for them that it was so late, typical Pep though brings on a centre back when chasing the game and he gets the goal.

Last edited:
And guardiola should have got a caution for assaulting that chair :cry:. Then again both managers should have yellows every game for the amount of time they spend outside their technical area. Swings and roundabouts
Didn't Wenger get a yellow for kicking a water bottle (with a lot less aggression!)?

Still boggles my mind how badly disciplined Arsenal are considering how little bite they generally have as a team. Their defence is aggressive but thats not where most of their cards come from.
Someone stuck in 2-3 years ago. Did you not see Havertz absolutely knock Rodri over like a pack of cards after Rodri tried to block his run?

This is not the same 'roll over' Arsenal, they would have been smashed 3/4-0 yesterday.

Last edited:
Arteta should just get an automatic yellow card every game for being a whiney, moaning man child.
FTFY.. ;)

I don't support either side.. but both managers behave like petulant children, and it's seen as acceptable behaviour.. and then people wonder why the players behave in the same way..

The whole game needs to grow up, players and managers need to take responsability for their behaviour. ( yes I know it's not the modern way.. the "I can do what I like" crowd are all around !)

both managers and players need to be yellow/red carded for that kind of behaviour, none of this hiding behind "It's a passionate game BS"

in fact i'd go so far as to bring in a rugby style 5 yard advancement for any petulance/swearing towards the ref, and a penalty awarded if it brings the award inside the box.. It would all soon stop, just like it did in Rugby!! because they can control themselves.. they just don't want to...

edit: sp..

Last edited:
i've no love for either team but Pep has always come across as a whiney rat of a human being when things don't go his way. it always cheers me up seeing his post matches histrionics, he's like a proper Catalan Karen :p arseteta might be the same but i've yet to watch anymore than about 3 seconds of him being interviewed as he bores me to sleep.

Last edited:
Still boggles my mind how badly disciplined Arsenal are considering how little bite they generally have as a team. Their defence is aggressive but thats not where most of their cards come from.
This doesn't reflect recent reality. Arsenal had the 2nd best disciplinary record in the league last season, the 3rd best the season before that.

Two red cards across those two full seasons.

Last edited:
What about the first half, 53 mins of it
Arsenal must have attacked at some point, they scored 2 goals?

Just checked - First half Arsenal had 1 less total shot, but the same on target, in the area etc as City. So they obviously did attack at times.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom